Aaron has significant experience managing large, complex commercial cases, including significant deposition, arbitration and trial experience from forecasts, budgeting and strategy development to case resolution. He also has significant domestic and international investigations and regulatory experience, as well as, significant experience managing large-scale ESI (Sedona Conference® best practices concerning litigation holds, preservation, spoliation, and adverse inferences).
Aaron is a big believer in the importance of pro bono work and has been a lead attorney for numerous Access to Justice and Transitional Justice projects. He has worked with NGOs in Namibia, India, Myanmar, Trinidad, and Thailand (among others) and donated more than 1,000 hours of pro bono time to these projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Aaron acted on the following matters:
Achieved dismissal on motion for national pay-TV provider in billion-dollar bet the company litigation including challenge to core company trademark, 8-figure payout, and USD 150 million consent decree against opposing party.
Represented global technology company in SEC investigation into insider trading and company internal controls for guidance and earnings (investigation closed without charges).
Conducted an on-the-ground internal investigation in Doha, Qatar concerning multi-jurisdictional civil and criminal matters with global visibility (amongst work on other internal investigations).
Represented a multinational conglomerate in multiple litigation matters against a former senior employee, who took trade secret information and used it to interfere with contracts worth nearly USD 400 million (significant judgment and sanctions against former employee).
Achieved a victory for public investment bank in a post-acquisition dispute over fee arising from an USD 80 million sale of a medical aviation transport company, including a multimillion-dollar settlement.
Achieved a complete defense victory for national defense contractor in a multimillion-dollar suit brought by sub-contractor accusing the company of misappropriating trade secrets in its patent and related warhead designs.
Successfully defended a multinational aviation company in international arbitration against New Zealand billionaire and Dubai based entity through merits hearing, post-hearing briefing, and favorable decision.
Advised mid-stream oil company in international dispute, including challenge to foreign venue and jurisdiction, strategy for defense, and defense of domestication and enforcement efforts in US.
Achieved dismissal of all claims and favorable settlement for a Silicon Valley crowd-funding company in dispute with early-stage investors claiming ownership of the company at a USD 200 million valuation.
Secured a complete TCPA class action litigation defense victory for national health management company, including dismissal of multimillion-dollar class action with prejudice and subject to complete release.
- Phoenix Pro Bono Award Winner, 2011-2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arizona State Bar - Member
- US District Court for the District of Arizona - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Order of the Coif - Member
- Phi Kappa Phi - Member
- California~United States (2020)
- Arizona~United States (2006)
- Arizona State University (JD magna cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- University of Southern California (BA Dean's Scholar)
- Arizona State University (MBA)
- Co-author, "Mastering the Virtual Deposition," Bloomberg Law, 9 June 2020
- Co-author, "Defending Against COVID-19 Tuition Refund Class Actions," Law360, 8 June 2020
- Co-author, "How to Avoid Public Company Disclosure Scrutiny After Covid-19," Bloomberg Law, 4 June 2020
- Co-author, "Best Practices For A Paperless Law Practice," Law 360, 3 June 2020
- Co-author, "How to Fight 'Relief Defendant' Status in SEC Actions," Law360, 14 May 2020