Juan Carlos Gonzalez Novo is a partner in the Banking Finance & Major Projects Practice, based in Chicago.
Juan's practice focuses on banking and finance matters, including global custody, cross-border financing, trade financing, project finance and major projects, particularly those related to infrastructure development.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ormazabal on its acquisition of CURRENT Group LLC, a technology company that is establishing the international benchmark in Smart Grid solutions.
- Representing Repsol YPF SA in significant securities, commercial and regulatory matters in the United States.
- Advised Obrascon Huarte Lain in connection with the P3 concession work for the I-77 High Occupancy Toll Lanes Project in North Carolina.
- Represented a major US financial entity in a multijurisdictional factoring facility for the purchase of dealer receivables in a dozen jurisdictions in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Represented a major US bank in the negotiation and successful closing of several loan agreements supported by Ex-Im Bank insurance policy.
- Assisted a leading business and IT consulting firm in the compliance review of its credit facilities, coordinating work in over 40 jurisdictions worldwide.
- Represented Obrascon Huarte Lain in connection with the acquisition of 50.1 percent of the equity capital of Judlau Contracting for USD72.5 million.
- CALI Award in Graduate Seminar in Intellectual Property (2005)
- CALI Award in International Patent Law (2005)
- CALI Award in International Intellectual Property Law (2004)
- New York~United States (2012)
- Madrid~Spain (2006)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (LL.M.) (2005)
- University of Santiago de Compostela (Law) (2003)