Michał is known as a leader of innovation in debt capital markets deals. He has been at the forefront of creating first-of-its-kind debt deals in Poland, and has experience in a whole range of capital market transactions, including equity (ECM) and debt (DCM) offerings (both private and public, by Polish and foreign issuers'). He advises in tender offers, managerial and incentive programs (including also ESPP, SOP, RSU), financial services regulatory (capital and banking law, mifid, MAR, BMR), complex debt restructuring, corporate and public M&A transactions.
Michał due to its extensive experience and deep legal knowledge is very well perceived by market participants (issuers, banks, brokerage houses, but also WSE and NDS). He is also recommended by different prestigious rankings (Chambers („Band 4”), Legal 500 ("Next generation partner") and IFLR 1000 („Rising Star”).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the establishment and execution of all bonds issue programmes by European real estate developer (Ghelamco).
- Advised Polish Stem Cells Bank (PBKM)/ FamiCord Group in the procedure of approval to trading of 3,522,705 series M shares at the main market of the Warsaw Stock Exchange (GPW).
- Advised GI Group in the attempt to buy and restructuring of Work Service S.A., including public tender offer.
- Advised Total Specific Solutions (TSS), a leading European Vertical Market Software group, on the acquisition of Simple Group through a successful public tender offer intended to acquire all shares issued by Simple S.A. and listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Advised consortium of banks on the establishment of an issue program and roll-over of existing series bonds with total value PLN 1 billion by Cyfrowy Polsat.
- Advised PGNiG S.A. on establishing bond programme with total value of PLN 5 billion.
- Advised Exal, as transaction counsel, in a bond issue by a Slovak manufacturing company, including setting up a comprehensive security package.
- Advised Polska Grupa Farmaceutyczna (Polish Pharmaceutical Group) S.A. on the negotiations, establishment and implementation of a program of issuing bonds secured by a surety granted by Pelion S.A.
- Advised Matexi on the issue of multijurisdictionally secured bonds. The entire issue was covered by a single bondholder, which is an entity from PZU Group.
- Advised Trakcja Polska on debt securities restructurization consisting of repurchase and redemption of existing two series of plain vanilla bonds, issuance of two different series of plain vanilla bonds (one secured, the other unsecured) and issuance of convertible bonds.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Chamber
- Poland (2010)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Master's Degree) (2006)
- University of Warsaw (Master's Degree) (2005)