Michał Głowacki has more than five years of experience practicing law, and is currently a member of the Firm’s Securities Practice Group in Warsaw. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2008, Mr. Głowacki worked for one of Poland’s leading law offices and a consulting company. He graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of Warsaw University and the Warsaw School of Economics.
Mr. Głowacki focuses his practice on capital market law, including IPOs, equity and debt instrument offerings, as well as managerial options and incentive programs for managers of companies. He also advises on M&A transactions, as well as other commercial and civil law issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised LUKAS Bank and the arrangers, Bank Pekao, ING Bank and BRE Bank, on establishment of PLN2 billion medium term notes and commercial papers program and administrative proceeding towards the Polish Financial Supervision Authority.
- Advised several issuers and managers on public offerings, dematerialization shares and listing on Warsaw Stock Exchange, such as those of KSG Agro, a Luxembourg holding company of KSG Group, a grain producer from Ukraine.
- Advised Ghelamco Invest and Bank Pekao on establishment and execution of two medium term notes programs with total value of up to PLN450 million. Bonds are listed on Polish alternative trading system Catalyst.
- Advised ING Securities on the secondary offering of Kernel Holding, a Luxembourg holding company for a leading Ukrainian oil producer.
- Advised Polkomtel, a leading mobile telecommunications operator in Poland, and its Swedish subsidiary, on establishment of a Euro medium term notes program for up to EUR1 billion.
- Advised Polkomtel on adaptation of its Euro notes program to Polish standards and issuance of bonds equal PLN1 billion. That was the first and biggest offer and listing on Catalyst under multinational program in Poland.
- Advised Deutsche Bank on establishment by Mazovia Voivodship of a Euro medium term note program, issue of two tranches of municipal bonds and listing them on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Chamber
- Poland (2010)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Master's Degree) (2006)
- University of Warsaw (Master's Degree) (2005)