Representative Legal Matters
Represented global supplier of industrial equipment in ICC English law arbitration stemming from breach of joint venture agreement, securing a USD 45 million award for the client.
Represented a publicly traded company in an ICC French law arbitration involving post-closing adjustment and indemnity disputes arising out of an acquisition worth over USD 300 million.
Represented a major international oil company as claimant in a CPR arbitration to enforce an indemnity obligation owed in the wake of a fatal explosion in a refinery that had been sold to the opposing party.
Represented an international research and consulting company for the oil and gas industry in a breach of contract and false advertising dispute in federal court, resulting in a favorable jury verdict for the client.
Represented administrative agent and first lien lender in the Linn Energy and Berry Petroleum chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Represented administrative agent and first lien lender in the Azure Midstream Partners, LP chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Houston Bar Association – Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association – Member
- Women’s Energy Network – Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- Texas~United States (2015)
- University of Houston Law Center (JD cum laude) (2015)
- University of Missouri (Bachelor of Journalism magna cum laude) (2010)
Author, "Balancing the Breach: Data Privacy Laws in the Wake of the NSA Revelations," Houston Journal of International Law, 2015
Arbitration Research Scholar, "AAA Yearbook on Arbitration & the Law," American Arbitration Association, 2015