Representative Legal Matters
Successfully defended USD 45 million in contract claims in ICC arbitration seated in Houston, relating to overseas module transportation in connection with an EPC project in the Middle East, and securing net costs award in client’s favor.
Prevailed in complete dismissal of USD 50 million in claims against several entities that supply industrial equipment related to alleged breach of contract, tortious interference and unfair competition claims.
Secured favorable settlement and recovered substantial arbitration costs on behalf of EPC contractor in ICC arbitration seated in Kuwait City, involving defense against a supplier claim arising out of a refinery project in the Middle East.
Secured favorable settlement in defense of claims relating to the calculation of the final account and claims for delay and further payment arising out of the construction of an industrial project in France.
Secured USD 45 million award on behalf of global supplier of industrial equipment in ICC arbitration seated in Dubai, stemming from breach of joint venture agreement relating to a joint venture in the Middle East.
Represented a publicly traded company in an ICC French law arbitration involving post-closing adjustment and indemnity disputes arising out of an acquisition worth over 300 USD million.
Represented a major international oil company as claimant in a CPR arbitration to enforce an indemnity obligation owed in the wake of a fatal explosion in a refinery that had been sold to the opposing party.
Represented an international research and consulting company for the oil and gas industry in a breach of contract and false advertising dispute in federal court, resulting in a favorable jury verdict for the client.
Represented administrative agent and first lien lender in the Linn Energy and Berry Petroleum chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Represented administrative agent and first lien lender in the Azure Midstream Partners, LP chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Institute for Energy Law – Advisory Board Member
- Houston Bar Association – Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association – Member
- Women’s Energy Network – Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2020)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- Texas~United States (2015)
- University of Houston Law Center (JD, cum laude) (2015)
- University of Missouri (Bachelor of Journalism, magna cum laude) (2010)
- Speaker, “Tales from the Trenches: Perils, Pitfalls, and Lessons Learned,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Houston Chapter—Litigation Practice Group, November 2021
- Speaker, "Looking Ahead: Remote Court Proceedings & What All Lawyers Must Consider About Cybersecurity and Ethical Issues," Association of Corporate Counsel, Houston Chapter—Litigation Practice Group, June 2021
- Speaker, "Living in a Virtual World: New Developments and Best Practices for Dispute Resolution in the COVID Era," Association of Corporate Counsel, Houston Chapter—Litigation Practice Group, November 2020
- Contributor, International Litigation & Arbitration Newsletter, 2016-2021
- Mentioned, “Biggest Texas Cases of 2019,” Law 360, December 2019
- Author, "Balancing the Breach: Data Privacy Laws in the Wake of the NSA Revelations," Houston Journal of International Law, 2015
- Arbitration Research Scholar, "AAA Yearbook on Arbitration & the Law," American Arbitration Association, 2015