Francesca Gaudino is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Information Technology & Communications Group in Milan. She focuses on data protection and security, advising particularly on legal issues that arise in the use of cutting edge technology. She has been recognized in Chambers Europe’s individual lawyer rankings from 2011 to 2014. Ms. Gaudino is a regular contributor on international publications such as World Data Protection Review, DataGuidance, and others. She routinely holds lectures on data privacy and security at post-graduate courses of SDA – Manager Direction School of the Milan Bocconi University and Almaweb – University of Bologna. She regularly speaks at national and international conferences and workshops on the same topics.
Ms. Gaudino assists clients in a full range of data protection and security related matters, including data protection compliance programs, education and training, adoption of devoted e-tools for HR management and reporting, pharmaceutical related privacy and security issues, compliance and regulatory filings (including notifications, requests of authorization with the Italian Data Protection Authority, prior checking procedures), critical processing of personal data, transfer of data out of the European Union, multijurisdictional platforms, behavioral advertising, social networks, and cloud-based and IT outsourcing deals.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting as lead coordinator in a series of multijurisdictional privacy and security focused projects, in relation to the design, implementation and management of complete privacy compliance of multinational companies groups.
- Advising on the implementation of CRM/CEM projects.
- Advising on corporate and website policies and procedures.
- Advising on whistle blowing schemes, monitoring and performance assessment systems and management of internal investigations.
- Advising on the management and retention of company data and information.
- Advising on the performance of clinical trials and telemedicine.
- Advising on online multifunctional platforms, cloud computing, adoption of forward thinking marketing strategies in web 3.0 environment, mobile applications and ecommerce.
- Involved in different applied research projects funded by the European Commission within the 6th and 7th Research Framework Programmes for the definition of advanced technical solutions for interactive and mobile based technologies (Privacy by Design).
- Leading Individual, Chambers Europe 2014: "Recently made partner, Francesca Gaudino is noted for her expertise in privacy issues. "She is very flexible and really endeavours to meet her clients' needs"
- Leading Individual, Chambers Europe 2013: " Privacy and data security specialist Francesca Gaudino is lauded for her flexibility, openness and 24/7 availability"
- Leading Individual, Chambers Europe 2012: "Heralded as a rising star in IT, Francesca wins praise for an excellent understanding of the technical aspects of a deal"
- Leading Individual, Chambers Europe 2011: "Francesca impresses clients with her excellent understanding of the technical issues"
- Leading Individual, Chambers Europe 2010: Associate to watch in TMT
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member, European Advisory Board
- IAPP - CIPP-E Certified
- IAPP - Certified Privacy Trainer for IAPP certifications
- Associazione Italiana Privacy (AIP)
- Federazione Italiana Privacy (FIP)
- Data Privacy Management International (DPM) - Member, Program Committee
- Italy (2003)
- University College, London (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2000)
- LUISS (Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali) Guido Carli University in Rome (Master Business Law and Economics) (1999)
- University of Parma (J.D. with honors) (1998)
Speaker, "New transparency challenge in the healthcare area and relevant privacy issues," EFPIA – HCP/HCO Disclosure code 2014, Milan, July 2015
Speaker, "Broad-band services and Connected Cars," Osservatorio ANFoV in collaboration with Baker & McKenzie, Rome, May 2015
Speaker, "Cookie law requirements - Privacy obligations and liabilities for companies," Paradigma, Milan and Rome, April 2015
Speaker, "Connected Cars and Privacy: A False or Real Dichotomy?" IAPP Data Protection Congress, Brussels, November 2014
Speaker, "Trade Secrets: the case for a new legislative tool and growing trends for protection," Riga, November 2014