Matt is a senior associate in the Firm's Corporate Practice Group based in London. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and corporate governance.
He has experience advising large corporations, institutional investors, private equity funds and founders across a wide variety of sectors, including infrastructure, technology, transport and health.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Matt was a member of the Corporate M&A team in a boutique Australian law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Hutchison Ports on joint venture arrangements with respect to two new container terminal concessions in Egypt
- Acting for Silver Lake on its acquisition of a stake in RAC from CVC Capital Partners and GIC.
- Advising Equinix, Inc. on its joint venture with PGIM in relation to the development and operation of data centres in Australia.
- Advising Tencent on numerous investments within the technology space, including Tencent's investments in FinTech businesses Monzo Bank and TymeBank.
- Advising Initial Capital on investments within the technology space in the UK, including seed investment into MetaBit.
- Advising Baker Hughes on its acquisition of the Power Generation Division of BRUSH Group.
- Advising Basalt Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of Unilode Aviation Solutions.
- Advising Accenture on a number of acquisitions and divestments within Europe.
- Advising Salary Finance on an equity funding round.
- Advising a large multinational on the structuring and execution of the transfer of its secondaries portfolio.
- Advising Tech Mahindra on its investments into InsurTech businesses SWFT Technologies and Surance.
- Supreme Court of Queensland~Australia (Solicitor) (2017)
- High Court of Australia (Solicitor)~Australia (2017)
- Queensland University of Technology (Bachelor of Laws (Hons)) (2016)
- Queensland University of Technology (Bachelor of Economics) (2016)