Anthony Gamble advises on UK and EU competition law. He has been a member of Baker McKenzie's Competition team in the London office since 2015. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Anthony worked at a leading UK law firm for four years.
Anthony advises on all aspects of UK and EU competition law, with a particular focus on merger control and state aid. He advises clients across a range of sectors and has extensive experience advising on transactions affecting the pharmaceuticals and life sciences industries. Anthony has represented clients before the UK Competition and Markets Authority, as well as the European Commission and the European Court of Justice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Platinum Equity on the acquisition of, inter alia, LifeScan (a manufacturer of blood glucose monitoring products) and Pattonair (a global aerospace distributor).
- Advised Baxter on its acquisition of the Hospira UK compounding business.
- Advised Brakes on its acquisition of Kent Frozen Foods.
- Represented Panalpina in its appeal to the European Court of Justice regarding the European Commission's decision in the freight forwarding case.
- Advised a major life sciences company in relation to its USD 14 billion acquisition of a leading competitor.
- Advised the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change in relation to the European Commission's state aid investigation of the Hinkley Point C nuclear power station project.
- Advised a number of pharmaceutical and life sciences companies on merger control, state aid, and competition law compliance.
- Represented a major global financial institution with respect to a number of investigations concerning potentially collusive behaviour.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales (2013)
- King's College London, UK (Post Graduate Diploma) (2017)
- BPP Law School (GDL & LPC) (2011)
- University of Oxford (BA Economics and Management) (2009)
Co-author, "The Rediscovery of Vertical Merger Enforcement", Competition Policy International Antitrust Chronicle, August 2018.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.