Gus is an associate in the Pensions Department and joined Baker McKenzie in October 2018. Gus qualified in September 2017 and advises both pension scheme trustees and sponsoring employers on all aspects of pensions law for contentious and non-contentious matters.
Gus is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Gus handled the following matters:
- Advised a Chinese conglomerate in relation to the USD 500 million purchase of a European fashion business with a UK defined benefit pension scheme.
- Advised a private equity backed vehicle in relation to the USD 1.3 billion carve-out of a European leisure business with a defined benefit pension scheme from its US parent company.
- Advised a private equity backed insurer in relation to the successful GBP 100 million purchase of an insurance business with a UK defined benefit pension scheme.
- Advised a Chinese technology company in relation to its auto-enrolment obligations in England and Wales.
- Advised the trustees of a multi billion-pound pension scheme in relation to the separation of the scheme from its sponsoring employer.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Associate of Pensions Lawyers - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2017)
- BPP University Law School (LPC) (2015)
- BPP University Law School (GDL) (2014)
- University of College (BA History) (2012)