Joachim was admitted to the German bar in August 2005 and joined the Trade and Commerce Practice Group of Baker McKenzie in Munich, Germany in March 2007. He was seconded to the legal department of Siemens AG in 2009 and to the legal department of Amazon in 2013 and 2016. In 2010, he worked at Baker McKenzie’s office in Frankfurt. He earned a Master in Law at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, with an emphasis on commercial law in 2006. Joachim studied law at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich, from where he graduated in 2003. He routinely publishes on distribution law issues. Furthermore, he is a co-author of the legal commentary Flohr/Wauschkuhn on all aspects of distribution law published by the leading German legal publishing house C. H. Beck.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Amazon in several major logistics projects in different countries, drafted and negotiated the respective logistics services contracts.
- Advised and represented Roche Diagnostics in the conclusion of a major logistics agreement regarding the outsourcing of the logistics for one of its divisions.
- Advised and represented a retailer in the conclusion of a multi-billion transportation contract.
- Worked on pan-European wholesale agreements for a global fashion company.
- Drafted all standard agreements of a leading company in the European communications industry.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. - Member
- German Society for Transportation Law e.V. - Member
- Germany (2005)
- University of Cape Town (LL.M.) (2007)
- Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (Diploma Jur.) (2003)
Co-author, "Vertriebsrecht Kommentar - Handelsvertreterrecht, Vertragshändlerrecht, Franchiserecht, Kommissionsrecht" (Legal Commentary on all aspects of Distribution Law), Flohr / Wauschkuhn, C.H. Beck Verlag, second edition, 2018
Author and Co-author, articles in various professional journals and occasionally in the daily press