Howard Fraser practices mainly in the areas of corporate banking and finance, infrastructure and resources project finance, as well as leveraged finance. Howard works closely with the Firm's Private Equity and Infrastructure teams.
Howard has represented a range of sponsors and leading financial institutions in various leveraged buy-outs and project infrastructure financing. He acts for Australia corporate borrowers and issuers in connection with their debt funding needs (including debt capital markets issues). Howard has also assisted investors and borrowers dealing with distressed assets and financings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising major Australian and international banks and borrowers in large-scale financings across multiple jurisdictions.
- Extensive experience in acting for sponsors, borrowers and banks in various forms of project finance.
- Acting for major industry players in active bids for privatised infrastructure assets.
- Drafting and negotiating many derivatives products, including interest rate and currency swaps and credit default swaps.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Banking Law Association
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1996)
- New South Wales~Australia (1987)
- University of London (King's College) (LL.M.) (1992)
- University of Sydney (B.A.) (1986)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1986)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.