Representative Legal Matters
Advised European based founders of software and healthcare companies on US pre-immigration tax and philanthropic planning.
Represented US family owning interests in a closely held multinational company based in Asia on international tax and estate planning.
Represented multiple generations of ultra-high net worth US family owning multinational manufacturing company on estate and philanthropic planning.
Assisted various charitable foundations with international ties for the purpose of establishing public charity branches in the United States.
Represented a royal family from Europe with respect to the restructuring of various US trusts that date back to the 1920s pertaining to foreign gift taxes.
Represented a family with significant New York real estate holdings on estate and succession planning.
Represented a family owning a very successful New York based manufacturing business with respect to a business succession planning and sale of the company.
Guided the formation of a public environmental charity.
Represented families with significant wealth for purposes of establishing private charitable foundations.
Represented a university involved in a large estate litigation.
- Who's Who Legal, Private Client, 2016
- Best Lawyers, Trusts & Estates, New York Times
- New York Super Lawyer, New York Times, 2007-2016
- Recommended Lawyer, Legal 500 US, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel - Member
- New York Chapter, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners - Vice Chair
- International Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) - Member of House of Delegates and Former Section Chair
- UJA-Federation of New York Trusts and Estates Group - Member
- New York City Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (1992)
- New York~United States (1991)
- Connecticut~United States (1991)
- New Jersey~United States (1990)
- New York University (LL.M. Taxation) (1994)
- Albany Law School (J.D. cum laude) (1990)
- Cornell University (B.A.) (1987)