Glenn G. Fox is a partner of Baker McKenzie's Wealth Management and Tax Practice Groups in New York and a member of the Firm’s Global Tax Wealth Management Steering Committee. He is a domestic and international tax, estate planning, and tax exempt (charitable) organizations lawyer with vast experience working with families and charitable organizations from the US and overseas. Glenn is a member of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and has been recognized for ten consecutive years (2007-2016) as a New York Super Lawyer by the New York Times.
Glenn's wealth management practice focuses on the use of sophisticated wills, trusts, closely held entities, and tax exempt (charitable) entities to enable clients to bequeath and gift assets with the imposition of the least amount of transfer and income taxes. He has significant experience in dealing with closely held business interests, retirement assets, foreign assets, foreign trusts and US and foreign tax exempt organizations. He represents domestic and foreign clients with worldwide assets in estate, trust, tax and tax exempt/not-for-profit organization matters. Glenn's tax exempt/not-for-profit practice includes all elements of establishing and operating US and non-US charitable organizations that do business in the US and abroad.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a university involved in a large estate litigation.
- Represented a family with significant New York real estate holdings.
- Advised the heirs of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company in a significant family trust litigation and settlement.
- Represented a royal family from Europe with respect to the restructuring of various US trusts that date back to the 1920s in order to avoid foreign gift taxes.
- Represented a family owning a very successful, closely held business with respect to a business succession planning and possible sale of the company.
- Guided the formation of a public environmental charity.
- Assisted various charitable foundations with international ties for the purpose of establishing public charity branches in the United States.
- Represented families with significant wealth for purposes of establishing private charitable foundations.
- Who's Who Legal, Private Client, 2016
- Best Lawyers, Trusts & Estates, New York Times
- New York Super Lawyer, New York Times, 2007-2016
- Recommended Lawyer, Legal 500 US, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel - Member
- New York Chapter, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners - Vice Chair
- International Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) - Member of House of Delegates and Former Section Chair
- UJA-Federation of New York Trusts and Estates Group - Member
- New York City Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (1992)
- New York~United States (1991)
- Connecticut~United States (1991)
- New Jersey~United States (1990)
- New York University (LL.M. Taxation) (1994)
- Albany Law School (J.D. cum laude) (1990)
- Cornell University (B.A.) (1987)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.