Joakim Falkner is based in Stockholm and head of Baker McKenzie’s Capital Markets Practice Group in Europe, Middle East and Africa. He is ranked as leading lawyer for capital markets by the leading legal directories. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2012, he worked at another global law firm for six years in Stockholm and London. During the last four years (2016-2019), Baker McKenzie's Capital Markets Group in Stockholm has been ranked #1 in acting for investment banks in capital markets transactions (in terms of deal volume) and #1-3 in acting for issuers in capital markets transactions (in terms of deal volume). Mr. Falkner is qualified to practice in Sweden, England and Wales and has a US LLM from Suffolk University in Boston, United States of America.
Mr. Falkner practices mainly in the fields of capital markets, public mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and corporate governance. He represents clients in a wide range of transactions, including debt and equity capital markets transactions as well as public mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Falkner has advised clients in securities transactions under Swedish, US and English law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Citigroup, Jefferies, Stifel and Carnegie in the Swedish issuer Calliditas Therapeutics' IPO on The Nasdaq Global Select Market in the United States.
- Acted for Kempen and Pareto Securities in the Swedish and US private placement of shares in BioInvent.
- Acted for K2A Fastigheter in its IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Immunovia in its IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm and its subsequent Swedish and US private placements of shares.
- Acted for Embracer Group in its IPO on Nasdaq First North and its subsequent Swedish and US private placements of shares.
- Acted for Carnegie and DNB Markets in connection with Bioarctic’s IPO (including a US component) on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Storytel in its IPO on Nasdaq First North and its subsequent Swedish and US private placements of shares.
- Acted for Bygghemma and FSN Capital in connection with Bygghemma’s IPO (including a US component) on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Carnegie, Nordea and Swedbank in connection with Stillfront Group’s Swedish and US private placement of shares.
- Acted for a Jin Jiang led consortium in the public takeover of the Radisson Hotel chain.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- Sweden (2007)
- Suffolk University Law School (LL.M.) (2009)
- University of Uppsala (LL.M.) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.