Joakim Falkner is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Securities Practice Group in Stockholm. He is listed as a leading lawyer for capital markets in Chambers Europe and IFLR1000 and is recognized by several other legal directories. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he worked at another global law firm. In 2008, he was appointed national representative of Sweden by the International Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Committee. Mr. Falkner is qualified to practice in Sweden, England and Wales and has a US LLM from Boston, United States of America.
Mr. Falkner practices mainly in the fields of capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and corporate governance. He represents clients in a wide range of transactions, including debt and equity capital markets transactions as well as public mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Falkner has advised clients in securities transactions under Swedish, US and English law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Transcom in Altor’s SEK 2.3 billion public tender offer in relation to all outstanding shares of Transcom, listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Carnegie Investment Bank and Handelsbanken Capital Markets in connection with the IPO of Edgeware on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Tobii, listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, in its SEK 458 million preferential rights offering of shares.
- Acted for Carnegie Investment Bank and DNB Markets in connection with the IPO of Alligator Bioscience on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for ABG Sundal Collier and Handelsbanken Capital Markets in connection with the IPO of Internationella Engelska Skolan on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Arcam in General Electric’s SEK 6.2 billion public tender offer in relation to all outstanding shares of Arcam, listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for FSN Capital and Troax in connection with the IPO of Troax on NASDAQ Stockholm.
- Acted for Atlas Copco in connection to the update of its USD 3 billion EMTN program and an issue of EUR 500 million 2.625 percent bonds due 2019 under the program.
- Acted for the State Treasury of the Republic of Poland in connection with the filing of its registration statement under Schedule B of the US Securities Act of 1933 and offerings of notes thereunder.
- Acted for Svenska Handelsbanken in relation to its US MTN Program and EMTN Program and offerings of notes thereunder.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- Sweden (2007)
- Suffolk University Law School (LL.M.) (2009)
- University of Uppsala (LL.M.) (2002)