Joakim Falkner is based in Stockholm and is heading up Baker McKenzie’s Capital Markets Practice Group in Europe, Middle East and Africa. He is ranked as leading lawyer for capital markets by the leading legal directories. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2012, he worked at another global law firm for six years in Stockholm and London. During the last six years (2016-2021), Baker McKenzie's Capital Markets Group in Stockholm has been ranked #1 in acting for investment banks in capital markets transactions (in terms of deal volume) and #1-3 in acting for issuers in capital markets transactions (in terms of deal volume). Mr. Falkner is qualified to practice in Sweden, England and Wales and has a U.S. LLM from Suffolk University in Boston, United States of America.
Mr. Falkner practices mainly in the fields of equity capital markets and represents late-stage private and publicly traded companies, investment banks, investors, shareholders and sponsors in a wide range of transactions, including pre-IPO transactions, IPOs, public offerings, primary share issuances, preferential rights offering, sell-downs and public mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Aspire Global in NeoGames' public takeover of the company.
- Acted for Carnegie, Citigroup, Danske Bank, DNB Markets and SEB in the Rule 144A IPO of Norva24 Group on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Truecaller in its Rule 144A IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for ABG Sundal Collier, Barclays and Carnegie in the 144A IPO of Acast on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
- Acted for Norvestor and Permascand in Permascand’s Rule 144A IPO on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
- Acted for Embracer Group in its IPO on Nasdaq First North Growth Market and its subsequent private placements of shares.
- Acted for DNB Markets, Nordea and Swedbank in the IPO of Netel on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for ABG Sundal Collier, Danske Bank and Handelsbanken Capital Markets in Klarabo's IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Citigroup, Jefferies, Stifel and Carnegie in the Swedish issuer Calliditas Therapeutics' IPO (dual listing) on The Nasdaq Global Select Market in the United States.
- Acted for J.P. Morgan, Carnegie, Handelsbanken, Danske Bank and SEB in the private placement of shares in Sinch.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- Sweden (2007)
- Suffolk University Law School (LL.M.) (2009)
- University of Uppsala (LL.M.) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.