George is an associate in the London Corporate group. George qualified at another global law firm in 2018 and joined Baker McKenzie in 2019.
George's practice focuses on advising international and domestic private investors on cross border mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
He has also spent time on secondment to a warranty and indemnity insurance underwriter.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sika AG on its EUR 5.3 billion acquisition of the MBCC Group including its simultaneous divestment of MBCC Group's concrete admixtures business to Cinven to allow Sika to meet the conditions of its regulatory clearances.
- Advised affiliates of funds managed by Apollo Global Management Inc. on their EUR 500 million investment into Sazka Group a.s.
- Advised NTT Global Data Centers on its strategic real estate partnership with Macquarie Asset Management in relation to wholesale and hyperscale data centres in Europe and North America
- Advised NTT Global Data Centers on its joint venture with Tokyo Century Corporation and Fund Corporation for the Overseas Development of Japan's ICT and Postal Services Inc. for the financing and operation of a 14 building, 336MW data centre campus in Navi Mumbai, India.
- Advised Bowers & Wilkins on the disposal of their audio design, engineering and manufacturing business to Sound United LLC (a portfolio company of Charlesbank).
- Advised A.P. Moller-Maersk’s terminals business, APM Terminals (APMT) with their divestment of their 30.75% shareholding in Global Ports Investments PLC (GPI) to Delo Group, assisting A.P. Moller-Maersk with their commitment to discontinue their operations in Russia.
- Advised NTT DOCOMO on their disposal of DOCOMO Digital to Bango Plc.
- Advised a global financial investor with their joint venture with a UK based developer to develop a residential scheme in London.
- Advised RoundShield Partners on their investment into multiple children's residential homes.
- Advised RoundShield Partners on their investment into a portfolio of alpine ski hotels.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom
- Durham University (BA (hons))
- University of Law (LPC LLM)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.