Liliana Espinosa has a solid background in mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and financing. During her professional career, she has participated in several acquisition transactions or sale of companies, assets and shares participations, including mergers, spin–offs, reorganizations and other complex arrangements structures, both locally and abroad and in several sectors of the economy such as fishery, financial system, telecommunications companies and services sector, among others. Liliana has also participated in financing of different types, both domestic and international.
Liliana is chair of M&A/PE practice in Latin America and serves in the Executive Committee of the Lima office. About Liliana, Chambers & Partners says she is praised by clients as a "great lawyer" and continuing: "She has in–depth knowledge and considerable experience in this field." They additionally appreciate her personal involvement in matters, as well as her responsiveness. Liliana is recognized for her people skills and is highlighted as being talented, intelligent and a pleasure to work with. About her work, Latin Lawyer has stated that she is "a bright lawyer who is never less than determined to get the deal done, with an ever–increasing presence in the M&A market" and "a young, intelligent and hard working lawyer". A private equity client said that, "it's a privilege to have her represent you in M&A deals", adding that her positive attitude helped his company get positive results from a complicated negotiation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Mitsui & Co (USA) Inc. and their subsidiaries Anagra S.A. (Chile) and Mitsui Agribusiness in their joint venture with Grupo Romero, a strategic alliance to boost their fertilizer business in Peru.
- Advised the seller on the sale of LAMSAC, the concessionaire of Linea Amarilla Project, one of the largest infrastructure projects in Peru, to Vinci Highways SAS, based on an enterprise value of USD 1.5 billion.
- Advised the seller on the sale of Transcom Worldwide Peru SAC to BPO Consulting SAC.
- Advised Payless Shoesource Inc. in an asset purchase in Peru.
- Advised the seller on the sale of a relevant equity package of JLT Corredores de Seguros to JLT Peru Retail Ltd.
- Advised on the Joint Venture of an agribusiness company located in the region of Lambayeque. This project will represent a large scale agricultural project resulting in significant exports to the Northern hemisphere.
- Advised the buyer on the acquisition by Grupo Security, through its subsidiary Vida Security, of 61% of the insurance company Protecta, a Peruvian company owned by Grupo ACP and the International Financial Corporation (IFC), the investment arm of the World Bank. Grupo Security therefore remains in control of the insurance company, while Grupo ACP maintains a 39% ownership, remaining a minority partner of the Chilean holding.
- Advised the buyer on the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Dessau S&Z S.A., which provides consulting, engineering and supervision services for infrastructure and energy projects.
- Advised the seller on the sale of a relevant equity package of JLT Corredores de Reaseguros S.A. and JLT Peru Reinsurance Solutions Limited to JLT Peru Wholesale Limited.
- Advised the seller on the sale of the remaining equity package of Haug S.A., a leading company in the metal works industry, to Benito Roggio e Hijos S.A., one of the largest construction companies in Argentina.
- New York~United States (2001)
- Peru (1997)
- New York University (LL.M. in Corporate Law) (2000)
- University of Lima (Law Degree) (1996)