Dr. Wolfgang Eigner is head of the Real Estate Practice in the Vienna office. Before joining Baker McKenzie in August 2019, he worked as attorney for a major international law firm in Austria, as head of office of the Austrian Takeover Commission and as attorney for one of the leading Austrian law firms. In addition to his practice, Wolfgang Eigner is teaching business law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration and writes articles on corporate law matters for various publications.
Wolfgang's work is focused on real estate transactions and real estate development projects as well as tenancy law. In addition he is a legal advisor in M&A transactions, in particular private equity transactions, as well as other general corporate law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- National and cross-border M&A transactions, particularly in the logistics, metal-working and real estate transactions and real estate specific advisory for corporate entities and private clients
- Ongoing Advise regarding the erection of a data center.
- Advised Mandarin Oriental (UK) Limited on the conclusion of hotel management and operating agreements for a luxury hotel and branded residences in Vienna's first district, scheduled to open at the end of 2023.
- Advised Premium Bauträger GmbH in a forward deal concerning a development project at Groß-Enzersdorfer Straße 60.
- Advised a group of investors concerning the structuring and implementation of a big scale residential and business development project in Vienna.
- Appointed trustee in real estate development projects concerning the construction and sale of flats for private individuals.
- Advised a real estate investment fund on the acquisition of a Tyrolian shopping mall.
- Advised a metal-working company concerning the acquisition of further commercial property and an operations building.
- Advised a residential building company concerning several bond issues (EUR 430 million).
- Advised a Japanese group on the acquisition process of a minority share in a global player in the field of air pollution control.
- Top lawyers in real estate, Immobilien Magazin 2022/2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2014)
- Austria (2012)
- Cambridge University (Magdalene College) (LL.M.) (2006)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2002)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1998)
- Author, "Der grüne Wohnungseigentumsvertrag," Immobilien Magazin, July 2023
- Author, "Was bringt das Erneuerbare-Wärme-Gesetz?" Immobilien Magazin, October 2022, p 83
- Interviewee, "Muss der Vermieter dem Holzofen zustimmen? Rechtliche Hürden für Mieter und Eigentümer," Gewinn - Das Wirtschaftsmagazin für den persönlichen Vorteil, Wien, September 2022, p. 26
- Author, "Herausforderung Logistikasset - Was Sie bei der Entwicklung von Logistikimmobilien beachten sollten," Immobilienmagazin, 2020-08, S. 97
- Author, “Warum gibt es an der Wiener Börse keinen Handel mit Namensaktien?“ [“Why is there no trading in registered shares on the Vienna Stock Exchange?”] GesRZ 2019, 62-70
- Co-author (with MMag. Dr. Ghristoph Diregger), “Das freiwillige Delisting vom Amtlichen Handel – Erste Erfahrungen mit dem neuen Reglement” [“Voluntary delisting from the Official Market - First experiences with the new regulations”], ÖBA 2018, 850-870
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.