Tom is a partner in the Corporate team in Baker McKenzie's London office. He advises clients on mergers and acquisitions and broader corporate strategy with a focus on businesses operating in complex, global environments, and on the consumer and industrials sectors. Tom is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group, as well as its Consumer Goods & Retail (CG&R) and Industrials, Manufacturing and Transportation (IMT) Industry Groups.
Tom has previously spent two years working in the Firm's office in Dubai and maintains a strong interest in trade and investment between the Middle East and the UK.
In addition to client work, Tom is actively involved in the Firm's mental wellbeing initiatives. Tom was shortlisted as a Rising Star - Private Practice at the British Legal Awards 2020.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Unilever on a series of large scale transactions, including its acquisition of Paula's Choice, a leading digital-led global skin care brand, from TA Associates, and its acquisition of Quala's home and personal care businesses in Latin America.
- Advising Puig on its acquisition of a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury, the iconic British luxury beauty brand, and its acquisition of a majority stake in Byredo, the Swedish luxury brand.
- Advising McDonald's in connection with a series of acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising Inter Pipeline Ltd. on the sale of its European bulk liquid storage business (excluding the Nordics, which was carved out and retained by IPL) to the CLH Group.
- Advising Donaldson Company, Inc. on its acquisition of Univercells Technologies and on its two-step acquisition of BOFA International from LDC and management.
- Advising CommScope Inc. on the UK aspects of its post-completion integration of Arris plc.
- Advising FedEx on the disposal by a subsidiary of the TNT records management business in the UK to Restore plc.
- Advising a UAE sovereign wealth fund on its joint venture with a technology major to bring its cognitive technology to the Middle East.
- Advising Prestige Brands on its acquisition from GSK of seventeen over-the-counter consumer healthcare brands and their related businesses.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- College of Law at Guildford (LPC) (2006)
- University of Sussex (LLB Hons) (2004)