Jon Ebner represents US and international companies in a variety of commercial disputes. Prior to joining the Firm, Jon worked as in-house counsel for an insurance company in Germany for four years, working closely with European companies facing various liabilities in the US market.
Jon advises multinational companies on a wide range of commercial matters, including breach of contract, products liability and insurance disputes. His clients include top companies in the manufacturing, real estate, finance and insurance industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a German supplier in a breach of contract dispute with a major auto manufacturer.
- Won a seven-figure jury verdict on behalf of a client in a post-acquisition dispute.
- Successfully defended a broker in a commercial defamation case.
- Represented a German manufacturer in an arbitration arising out of the acquisition of a US company by a Germany entity.
- Defended a German material manufacturer in US class actions.
- Represented a client in connection with a pollution liability lawsuit arising out of an industrial facility operated by the preceding landowner.
- Tried a life insurance / suicide case to verdict before a jury in federal court.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois Bar Foundation - Member
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- Missouri~United States (2002)
- Washington University School of Law (JD) (2002)
- Truman State University (BA Political Science and German) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.