Michael (Mike) Dvoracek is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Chicago office. He joined the Firm in 2013 and has practiced as a member of the Firm’s Global Transactional Practice Group and Global Funds Group since 2018.
Mike regularly participates in pro bono projects focusing on domestic and cross-border social justice initiatives. Additionally, Mike previously worked in the management-side labor and employment space for a number of years before joining the Firm’s Global Funds Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Transaction counsel to a high-volume alternative real estate fund sponsor in connection with the acquisition and financing of nearly USD 2 billion in real estate assets and the issuance of over two dozen Delaware statutory trust (DST) offerings that have raised nearly USD 700 million in equity on a Code Section 1031-incentivized basis.
- Transaction counsel to alternative real estate fund sponsor concerning the issuance of a series of three "qualified opportunity zone" (QOZ) funds that have raised USD 1.6 billion in capital commitments supporting multifamily real estate development valued at over USD 3.5 billion.
- Primary fund counsel to institutional fund sponsor with respect to the issuance and operation of a series of real estate funds and real estate joint ventures.
- Transaction counsel to real estate development company in connection with GP-led restructurings, recapitalizations and financings comprising greater than 50 industrial estate assets valued at over USD 2 billion.
- U.S. regulatory counsel to non-U.S. investment advisers concerning ongoing regulatory compliance and global fundraising efforts.
- U.S. fund counsel to Asia Pacific-based fund sponsor regarding the issuance of multiple Pan-Asian real estate and credit funds that have raised over USD 5 billion in capital commitments.
- Transaction counsel to retail sponsor of programmatic oil and gas funds.
- Counsel to U.S. and non-U.S. family offices and sovereign wealth funds in relation to the evaluation of and participation in U.S. real estate and private equity funds.
- Illinois~United States (2018)
- John Marshall Law School (JD) (2018)
- DePaul University (MPA, with distinction) (2014)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (BA) (2012)