Elodie Duchêne is a partner in the M&A and Corporate practice groups of Baker McKenzie's Luxembourg office and has more than 17 years of experience. Prior to joining the Firm in 2015, she worked for an independent law firm in Luxembourg for nine years.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Luxembourg IT company on the establishment of a joint venture-like IT alliance with another Luxembourg company to provide computing solutions to both SMEs and large companies and organizations in Luxembourg and the Greater Region.
- Assisted a global energy company with the acquisition and financing of offshore wind projects and pipelines projects.
- Regularly advises clients in the acquisition of real estate located in Luxembourg and related holding and financing structuring.
- Regularly advises clients on corporate solutions and structuring for high net worth individuals.
- Advised a major asset manager on the Luxembourg legal and tax aspects of the implementation of a management incentive plan for the top management of a French packaging manufacturer for the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
- Regularly assists private equity houses in their acquisitions and related holding and financing structuring.
- Advised a major player in the private equity field on the 4 billion acquisition of a 20% stake in a Spanish listed company.
- Regularly advises major groups facing financial pressure on both their financing and restructuring activities, and assists and advises international companies with corporate governance matters.
- Luxembourg (2007)
- University of Nancy II, France (Master in International Business Law) (2006)
- Elodie is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences, and is also very active in providing trainings for professionals, in partnership with training organizations.
- Speaker, "Duties and Liabilities of the Companies' Director", Luxembourg House of Entrepreneurship for the Entrepreneurs' Day Workshop, November 2017
- "Le décès d'un associé d'une société à responsabilité limitée", ACE, Wolters Kluwer, April 2015
- Un siècle d'application de la loi août 1915 concernant les sociétés commerciales, "Les règles ordinaires des assemblées générales", Wolters Kluwer, 2015