Servicios Legales Baker McKenzie SpA
Sebastian Doren joined Baker McKenzie’s Santiago office in 2003, and is currently head of the Firm’s Investigations, Compliance & Ethics practice area and member of the International Trade and Customs Department. For more than 20 years, Sebastian has practiced in the area of criminal law – particularly in matters involving economic and counterfeit offenses.
Sebastián advises local and multinational clients on criminal litigation. He specifically handles cases dealing with fraud against his clients and the financial/banking system, as well as anti-counterfeiting cases. Much of his practice proceedings have been against Chilean Customs and Administrative Offices.
Sebastián’s practice focuses on Anti-Corruption & AML Compliance, anti-counterfeiting and International Trade Compliance – Customs & Trade Agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an important banking local entity in a landmark fraud case against the banking system. The defrauded amount exceeded USD 4 million and a considerable amount was recovered.
- Advised Epson Chile in the most important Custom's valuation case in Chile in recent years.
- Participated in complex multijurisdictional and national compliance and internal investigations matters in the information technology and pharmaceuticals areas.
- In an extremely serious and complex criminal case, together with the Public Prosecutor, obtained a sanction or perpetual conviction for two rapists.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chilean Bar Association
- Chile (1995)
- University of Barcelona (LL.M.) (2000)
- University of Barcelona (Ph.D. Candidate) (2000)
- Pontificia University Catolica de Chile (LL.B.) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.