Sebastian Doren joined Baker McKenzie’s Santiago office in 2003, and is currently a member of the Firm’s International Trade and Customs Department. For more than 14 years, Mr. Doren has practiced in the area of criminal law — particularly in matters involving economic and counterfeit offenses.
Mr. Doren advises local and multinational clients on criminal litigation. He specifically handles cases dealing with fraud against his clients and the financial/banking system, as well as anti-counterfeiting cases. Much of his practice proceedings have been against Chilean Customs and Administrative Offices.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an important banking local entity in a landmark fraud case against the banking system. The defrauded amount exceeded USD4 million and a considerable amount was recovered.
- Advised Epson Chile in the most important Custom's valuation case in Chile in recent years.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chilean Bar Association
- Chile (1995)
- University of Barcelona (LL.M.) (2000)
- University of Barcelona (Ph.D. Candidate) (2000)
- Catholic University of Chile (LL.B.) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.