Maite Diez has more than 25 years of experience focusing mainly on a range of corporate and M&A transactions. A recognized corporate lawyer and telecommunications and IT law practitioner, she has been acknowledged by Chambers as “an absolute star and top technical negotiator.” She is a member of the European M&A Steering Committee of Baker McKenzie, as well as of the Steering Committee of our China/Europe Outbound Initiative. Ms. Diez joined Baker McKenzie in 1988 and was the Madrid office’s managing partner from 2002 to 2008. She has been a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 1988.
Maite Diez focuses mainly on advising multinational companies in a wide range of corporate and M&A transactions, including acquisitions, privatizations and reorganizations. Ms. Diez also counsels on multiple commercial agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Recent M&A deals include advising: Colony Capital on the joint venture with Neinver to invest on real estate projects and specifically in the acquisition of 14 logistics real estate assets; OTPP on the sale of a stake of ONO to Vodafone; CBRE Global Investors on the acquisition through Alaska Pension Fund of real estate assets; Banco Ceiss on the sale of part of its network in non strategic areas and its portfolio; and JCDecaux in the acquisition of Eumex group.
- As part of her Chinese practice, she has acted for (i) MBK partners on the potential indirect acquisition of the Chinese company Savera; (ii) Chinese fuel aviation company in the acquisition of a minority stake in listed company (not completed), (iii) Chinese multinational Citic Heavy Industries Co. in the acquisition of heavy steel-works company Gandara-Censa S.A. and (iv) Shandong Heavy / Weichai Power on the carve-out of the hydraulic business (Linde Hydraulics) following the investment of Weichai Power Co. Ltd., a leading automobile and equipment manufacturer in China, in KION Group.
- Madrid~Spain (1988)
- University of Exeter (LL.M.) (1987)
- Deusto University (Diploma Economics) (1986)
- Deusto University (Law Degree) (1986)
- New York