Graeme Dickson is a partner in the Structured Real Estate group in Sydney and is global coordinator of the Firm's leading Hotels, Resorts & Tourism Practice Group. He is recommended by The Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, Chambers Asia Pacific, Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Doyle's Guide.
Graeme acts primarily for clients in the hotels, resorts, tourism and wider property industries. He has worked extensively on structured purchases and sales of hotel and resort properties, and on managed investment fundraisings which include all forms of public trusts, timeshare schemes, tax driven investment schemes and other similar investments. He has advised on hotel and resort management contracts — including non-disturbance agreements between owners, operators and lenders — and integrated resort developments in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tahiti, Maldives, the Caribbean, Singapore, the United States, People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong), Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Korea, the Philippines and Eastern Europe.
Representative Legal Matters
Advising on management arrangements, including serviced apartment properties.
Advising a potential purchaser of the Mirvac Hotels & Resorts business in Australia and New Zealand, which consisted of approximately 48 properties, including serviced apartment offerings.
Advising on a major negotiation for an owner of a serviced apartment property in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Advising the purchaser in the Principal Hotel Portfolio (Sydney InterContinental, Hayman Island, Brisbane Sheraton and Melbourne Airport Hilton), which was awarded the HICAP (Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific) Asian Deal of the Year in 2004, and the vendor of the "W Hotel" Sydney, which won the award in 2006.
Advising on the sale of the Park Hyatt Hotel, Sydney, which achieved an Australian record per room sale price.
Advising on the purchase of the Four Points Hotel, Sydney, which was a finalist for the HICAP Hotel Deal of the Year Awards in 2009.
- Best Lawyer - Hospitality and Tourism, The Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers: Australia 2012-2018
- Recommended, Chambers Asia Pacific 2011-2018
- Expert in Real Estate (Australia), Legal Media Group's Expert Guides 2016-2017
- Leading NSW Property & Real Estate Lawyer, Doyle’s Guide 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Queensland~Australia (1992)
- Victoria~Australia (1988)
- New South Wales~Australia (1978)
- University of Sydney (Master's Degree Law) (1986)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor's Degree Law) (1978)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Commerce) (1977)