Eddie Dewanda is a partner with HHP Law Firm. Eddie has been working as a legal and tax counsel in different jurisdictions, including Indonesia, the Netherlands and the Middle East. He has an extensive experience in multiple merger and acquisition transactions of private and publicly listed companies particularly in highly regulated sectors such as banking and financial sectors. This experience includes leading due diligence on the target companies, preparing and analyzing the structure of the transaction, and preparing and negotiating the transactional documents, such as sale and purchase agreement and shareholders agreements.
Eddie also has a strong experience in assisting and advising lenders and borrowers in various types of lending and financing transactions (single lender or syndicated lenders). This includes preparation and negotiation of the facility agreement, security sharing agreement and other relevant security documents. Eddie has also been involved in advisory works relating to derivatives, securitization, loan syndications, general banking and finance transactions, general merger and acquisitions and general corporate compliance. He has also been involved in research, negotiations, and in the drafting of legal advice and legal documents on banking and finance issues and other general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a prominent media and digital conglomerate, Elang Mahkota Teknologi Tbk (through its direct subsidiary, Elang Media Visitama) (EMTEK), in its acquisition of 93% shares of Bank Fama International (Bank Fama) for around USD 65 million. This is the media giant’s first step into entering the digital banking space in the country.
- Represented Funding Asia Group Pte Ltd (FAG), the owner of P2P lending platform named Modalku, in its investment as a strategic investor in PT Bank Index Selindo (Bank Index). The investment of FAG in Bank Index serves as a significant milestone in FAG's entry into the neobanking space and its drive to offer more high-impact digital financial services to underserved businesses in Indonesia. In this deal, Carro, an ASEAN regional car marketplace, also becomes the strategic investor of Bank Index.
- Represented MUFG Bank in relation to Temasek's acquisition (via Asia Financial (Indonesia) Pte.Ltd.) of 19.9% interest in Indonesian publicly listed PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk valued approximately USD 1.171 billion (first step) and the following 40% interest on the second step. This deal received recognition, including Best Indonesia Deal in Finance Asia Achievement Awards 2018 and M&A Deal of the Year from ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2018.
- Represented HSBC and PT Bank HSBC Indonesia (formerly PT Bank Ekonomi Raharja Tbk) in relation to the integration of the businesses of the two banks. which would consolidate HSBC’s banking business in Indonesia.
- Advised Pengembang Pelabuhan Indonesia (PPI) in matters related to the Kalibaru Terminal in the Tanjung Priok Port.
- Represented an Indonesian property development company as the borrower in a club deal lending transaction valued at USD 300 million with Indonesia- and Singapore-based banks for the purpose of constructing multipurpose high-rise building in the prime area of Central Jakarta.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- PERADI (Indonesian Bar)
- Indonesia (2015)
- Leiden University (LLM) (2011)
- University of Indonesia (BA Law) (2008)
Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.