Pieter-Jan is a senior associate in our Corporate Finance Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Brussels office. He joined the Brussels bar in 2015, and joined the Firm in 2019.
Pieter-Jan advises on the full spectrum of corporate and financial law advice, ranging from public and private mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments as well as capital markets transactions. He also advises on other general corporate law matters, such as corporate governance matters and corporate restructurings. He works with companies in a variety of sectors and industries.
Representative Legal Matters
Capital markets transactions
- Advised the consortium of underwriting banks on the initial public offering of Nyxoah SA, a Belgian healthtech company, on Euronext Brussels.
- Advised a renewable energy company on a public equity financing round of EUR 20 million through an EU Growth Prospectus.
Private Equity transactions
- Advised Straco, a Belgium-based private equity firm, concerning its acquisition of the Incendin group from GIMV, the European investment company listed on Euronext Brussels.
- Advised M80, a Belgium-based private equity firm, concerning its investment in Gerantis, a Belgium-based real estate service provider.
Private M&A transactions
- Advised the Belgian Sovereign Wealth Fund SFPI-FPIM on its acquisition of several minority stakes in the global clearing house Euroclear.
- Advised Luminus on its acquisition of Essent Belgium from E.ON, including complex transitional services and run-off arrangements.
Public M&A transactions
- Advised S.A.B.C.A, a Belgian group listed on Euronext Brussels active in the aerospace and defence industries, on the divestment of its shares by its majority shareholder to a consortium, and the consequential delisting process.
- Advised Resilux, a Belgium-based industrial group, and its shareholders on the sale of a majority participation to Quva NV, and subsequent mandatory takeover bid and delisting process.
Corporate advisory and reorganisations
- Advised Lufthansa on an emergency equity investment and debt financing arrangement concerning Brussels Airlines, brought about by the impact of COVID-19.
- Advised a listed industrial company on a variety of governance matters, including the convocation of its annual shareholders' meeting and measures to be implemented following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- European Law Moot Court 2014-2015 - First place
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brussels Bar (Dutch language section) - Member
- Brussels Young Bar Association - Member of the Board of Directors 2016-2018
- Brussels~Belgium (2015)
- Harvard Extension School (Post-Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance) (2017)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Law Degree - magna cum laude) (2015)