Baker & McKenzie LLP
Eleanor is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Litigation & Government Enforcement Practice Group in Toronto. She joined the Firm as a summer student in 2020 and completed her articles in 2022. Eleanor is fluent in English, French and Spanish.
Eleanor focuses her practice on a wide range of commercial litigation and arbitration matters, assisting clients in navigating complex commercial and contracts disputes. Eleanor is a contributor to canadianfraudlaw.com.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global renewable energy firm in numerous ICC arbitrations seated in Toronto arising from major infrastructure projects.
- Represented a Japanese electronic components manufacturer in multijurisdictional class proceedings involving alleged price-fixing.
- Acted for a major Canadian University in a judicial review related to its Covid-19 vaccine mandates.
- Counsel on a number of cryptocurrency frauds, including a CAD 20 million matter involving organized crime spanning multiple jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Advocate's Society - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- ICDR Young & International - Associate Member
- Young ICCA - Member
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group - Member
- ICC Young Arbitrator's Forum - Member
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vienna, Austria - Arbitrator (2023)
- Campaign for Greener Arbitrations - North America Committee Member
- Ontario~Canada (2022)
- McGill University (Juris Doctor) (2020)
- McGill University (Bachelor of Civil Laws) (2020)
- York University (Trilingual International Bachelor of Arts, International Studies) (2016)
- Co-author, "Arbitration Procedures and Practice in Canada: Overview," Thomson Reuters Practical Law, April 2023
- Co-author, "Final S(t)ay? Alberta Court of Appeal Rules that Alberta Arbitration Act Does Not Prevent Appeal From Master to Judge," Global Arbitration News, 19 October 2022
- Co-author, "The Restructuring Review (Canada Chapter)," The Restructuring Review, 15th Ed, 4 August 2022
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.