Dr. Barbara Deilmann has more than 20 years experience in advising listed companies as well as closely held companies and other parties on all corporate law including the law on groups of companies and capital market related issues as well as on corporate restructurings – domestic and cross-border – and the structuring of joint ventures. The JUVE Handbook Wirtschaftskanzleien consistently recognizes her as one of the "most recommended lawyers" in the area of corporate law.
Dr. Deilmann joined Baker McKenzie in 2000. She has extensive experience in advising corporate clients on large domestic and cross-border corporate transactions and major restructurings as well as on legal issues related to capital markets and stock corporation law. International group companies seek her advice among others on complex restructuring and compliance matters. Her client basis ranges from the automotive industry to the trading sector including chemical and construction industries, IT, pharmaceutical and telecommunications.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising HOCHTIEF on carve-out and sale of business unit service solutions to SPIE group and on the reorganization of its European business.
- Advising an international fashion group continuously on domestic and cross-border corporate law matters, including restructuring and compliance issues.
- Advising Bitzer-Group on the reorganization of the German group structure, establishment of a SE (Societas Europaea) as parent company, corresponding reorganizations of the worldwide group companies in over 20 jurisdictions.
- Advising Evonik on a large restructuring project redesigning its corporate structure in Germany.
- Advising an international pharmacy group on the spin-off of a group segment.
- Advising Morgan Advanced Group on complex corporate law and various restructurings of German subsidiaries.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for corporate law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dusseldorf Bar Association - Member
- Union of German Female Entrepreneurs (VdU) - Member of the local board (Rheinland)
- Germany (1991)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamm (Assessor Exam) (1991)
- University of Muenster (Dr. jur.) (1988)
- University of Muenster (Referendar Exam) (1987)
Author, "Annotation of Sections 291 to 307 in Hoelters," Commentary Stock Corporation Act, 2014
Author, Annotation of the Stock Corporation Law provisions in Commentary Labor Law, 7th edition, 2014
Co-author, The listed Stock Corporation, 2005
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.