Adrienne's clients include ASX-listed companies, unlisted public companies, and proprietary companies across a number of different industry sectors, including within the energy and resources, technology and communications, and agricultural sectors.
Adrienne's work includes advising clients on: IPOs and capital raisings (including placements, rights issues, and share purchase plans); mergers and acquisitions in both regulated and unregulated environments, including due diligence and deal implementation; business, share and asset acquisitions and disposals; continuous disclosure and compliance, including advising on the ASX Listing Rules and the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth); corporate due diligence and contract reviews; shareholders' agreements and stakeholder management issues; and general corporate governance and corporate advisory matters.
As well as corporate transactional experience, Adrienne also has some background in tax and structuring, including advising on business structures, entity establishment, trusts and asset protection, taxation issues, and commercial restructuring, which provides a foundation for understanding tax issues that can arise in mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Adrienne was involved in a number of notable transactions, including the following:
- Acted for the largest shareholder of Intrepid Mines Limited to renew the board of directors and pursue a strategic sale of copper assets, following which, acting for Intrepid Mines Limited, Adrienne advised on its off-market takeover bid for AIC Resources Limited, a "reverse" takeover under the ASX Listing Rules.
- Acted for Superloop Limited on various capital markets transactions following its AUD 17.5 million initial public offering of shares in June 2015, including a placement and share purchase plan to raise AUD 49.3 million in December 2015, an accelerated non-renounceable rights issue to raise AUD 35.3 million in June 2016, and a placement and accelerated non-renounceable rights issue to raise AUD 30.87 million in February 2019.
- Acted for Vald Performance Pty Ltd on its acquisition of NMP Technologies Limited and NMP Forcedecks Limited (and their neuromuscular performance analysis technology) in July 2018, for which the company was awarded the Sports Technology Awards Deal of the Year, following which Adrienne also advised on the investment made in Vald Performance Pty Ltd by Queensland Business Development Fund.
- Acted for Flight Centre Travel Group Limited in relation to its issue of unsecured notes under a prospectus in connection with its business ownership scheme.
- Acted for Metro Mining Limited on its contested AUD 50 million off-market takeover bid for Gulf Alumina Limited, including in relation to a Takeovers Panel application made in connection with the bid, following which Adrienne advised Metro Mining Limited on a number of subsequent capital raisings to support the development of its Bauxite Hills Mine north of Weipa on Western Cape York, including a placement to raise AUD 17.5 million in June 2018.
- Acted for Round Oak Minerals Pty Ltd (formerly CopperChem Pty Limited), a wholly owned subsidiary of Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited, on its AUD 73.18 million acquisition of the Jaguar mine in Western Australia, an underground high previous metal mine, from Independence Group NL.
- Acted for State Gas Limited on its AUD 5.25 million IPO, which saw the company become the first east coast gas developer/explorer to debut on ASX in more than a decade (since Pure Energy Resources in 2006).
- Acted for Megaport Limited on its AUD 25 million IPO in December 2015, with ongoing advice to the company on various capital markets transactions, including a placement and share purchase plan to raise AUD 60 million (and concurrent AUD 20 million founder sell-down) in March 2019.
- Acted for Queensland Investment Corporation on its acquisition of an 80% controlling interest in one of Australia's oldest agricultural enterprises, The North Australian Pastoral Company Pty. Limited, comprising 5.8 million hectares across 13 properties.
- Acted for Shine Corporate Limited (Shine Lawyers) in relation to numerous acquisitions and corporate governance matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Queensland Law Society - Member
- Golden Key International Honour Society - Member
- Young Mining Professionals Brisbane - Member
- Supreme Court of Queensland~Australia (2016)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2016)
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) (2016)
- Queensland University of Technology (Bachelor of Business) (2015)
- Queensland University of Technology (Bachelor of Laws First Class Honours) (2015)