Benjamin Davis is a partner in the Firm's Miami office and member of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Benjamin has extensive experience handling complex commercial matters for both corporate and individual clients at the state, federal, and appellate levels, as well as in arbitrations before institutional tribunals. Benjamin advises clients with regard to internal investigations, regulatory investigations, and compliance matters. Since 2018, Benjamin has been recognized annually by Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star." Prior to joining the Firm, Benjamin gained valuable experience and insight as a judicial clerk to Judge Beth Bloom of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and a post-graduate fellow to now-United States Circuit Judge Robin S. Rosenbaum. An experienced advocate, Benjamin has successfully litigated complex disputes at both the state and federal level, from inception through final judgment in both bench and jury trials. His experience serving as a judicial clerk combined with his extensive experience representing clients in the private sector provide him with a unique perspective into different aspects of commercial litigation and arbitration that he leverages to obtain successful results for his clients.
Benjamin focuses his practice on international and domestic disputes. He regularly counsels clients in high-value cases in a variety of fields, with particular emphasis on litigation involving commercial contracts, commercial transactions, fraud and misrepresentation, and unlawful and unfair business practices. In addition to business litigation, Benjamin also has substantial experience representing employers in an array of employment matters in jurisdictions across the United States, including with respect to employment class and collective actions, employment discrimination and retaliation, wrongful termination, trade secrets and restrictive covenants, and wage and hour disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented national news organization in nationwide gender and age discrimination class action and wage and hour collective action, obtaining denial and dismissal of class allegations, and victories on summary judgment and a complete defense verdict after a jury trial on the remaining claims.
- Represented a private high-wealth individual asserting claims of fraud and securities violations, among others, against a private investment manager.
- Represented a well-known television personality in a business dispute involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract, obtaining dismissal with prejudice in client's favor on the latter, and successful resolution of the former.
- Represented healthcare technology company in regulatory investigation commenced by Federal Trade Commission.
- Represented a foreign company in an International Centre for Dispute Resolution proceeding against shareholders of a South American target company that asserted contract and fraud claims, among others.
- Represented foreign and domestic construction companies in an International Centre for Dispute Resolution proceeding against a joint venture partner involving contract claims and a plethora of issues concerning foreign law.
- Represented a foreign insurance company in a third-party ancillary forfeiture proceeding brought pursuant to 21 USC Section 853.
- Represented a local telecommunications company in various employment disputes brought pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, Florida Civil Rights Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented a national security and private defense provider in an employment dispute before the American Arbitration Association involving alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and Florida Civil Rights Act.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dade County Bar Association - Member
- Federal Bar Association, Law Clerks Division - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida~United States (2016)
- Florida~United States (2014)
- Florida State University College of Law (JD, cum laude) (2013)
- Boston University (BA, cum laude) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.