Iqbal Darmawan is a partner in Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners' Capital Markets Practice Group. He is a member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (and Capital Market Legal Consultant Association). Mr. Darmawan is ranked Band 3 in Capital Markets in Chambers Asia Pacific 2016.
Mr. Darmawan has more than 10 years of experience in capital market transactions and mergers and acquisitions involving public companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented PT Express Transindo Utama Tbk as a newly publicly listed company with single A rating, in relation to IDR bonds offering amounting to approximately USD83 million.
- Acted for PT Indosat Tbk in relation to the sale and placement of 239,826,310 or 5 percent shares in PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk, a telecommunications tower company.
- Assisted Mapfre International in the acquisition of an initial 20 percent stake in the Indonesian insurance company PT Asuransi Bina Dana Arta Tbk.
- Acted as legal counsel for Mulgrave Corporation B.V in relation to the placement of approximately 13.5 percent shares in PT Hero Supermarket Tbk. This deal was valued at approximately IDR1.37 trillion (approximately USD140 million).
- Acted for PT Bank Central Asia Tbk. in its acquisition of majority shares of PT Dinamika Usahajaya.
- Advised PT Rajawali Corpora in an acquisition of PT Nusantara Infrastructure Tbk., an infrastructure company holding several toll road concessions.
- Represented and acted as Indonesian Counsel to the International Selling Agents in relation to the Rights Issue of PT Indomobil Sukses Internasional Tbk (Indomobil), one of the major automotive companies in Indonesia.
- Represented PT Dynaplast Tbk in its delisting from the Indonesia Stock Exchange and privatization.
- Represented Merck in various general corporate matters related to its subsidiary PT Schering-Plough Indonesia Tbk.
- Indonesia (2007)
- University of Indonesia (S.H.) (1997)