Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a multinational oil and gas company on market access and tax implications on their investments in Vietnam.
- Advising multinational companies on tax issues for their M&A/restructuring activities.
- Advising some worldwide multilevel sales companies on multilevel sales and related tax issues in Vietnam.
- Advised a multinational technology company on market-entry legal requirements and general corporate tax.
- Assisted and advised a leading insurance company dealing with various stakeholders with respect to legal and tax issues arising from a regulatory inspection.
- Participated in advising one of the world's largest petroleum companies on a potential assessment of capital gains tax on their indirect sales of shares.
- Assisted the client in reviewing the whole business model and the validity of the tax treatment applied under the old regulations and assessing the sustainability of its solutions addressing both legal and tax feasibility.
- Advised an e-commerce travel site on tax issues and provided an analysis of Vietnam tax implications in relation to the client's business models.
- Advised world-leading e-commerce and digital services multinational companies on the status of e-commerce tax and assisted them in dealing with their local partners in relation to their Vietnam tax liabilities.
- Advising a number of European and Asian construction companies on tax issues related to performance of projects in Vietnam.
- Ho Chi Minh City~Vietnam (2010)
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon III (LL.M.) (2005)
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law (LL.B.) (2003)
Presenter, "Tax Updates on e-commerce businesses in Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore," Impact of the latest tax updates on e-commerce businesses in Vietnam, Malaysia & Singapore, hosted by Baker McKenzie Singapore, July 2019
Opinion quoted in Saigon Times article published on 12 March 2020 regarding the MOF's proposal to increase personal income tax deduction