Jakub Czerka is an advocate admitted to practice in Poland, a senior associate in the Banking and Finance Practice at Baker McKenzie in Warsaw.
Jakub graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń in 2013. He also obtained a Bachelor of Laws in Business Law from the Faculty of Law and Criminology of the University of Aberystwyth in 2015. He qualified as an advocate in 2020.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in Warsaw, Jakub worked at renowned global law firms starting from 2015.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Jakub advised:
- Maspex Group, the largest private company in the food industry in Poland and one of the largest in CEE, on its PLN 2.8 billion (c. EUR 610 million) acquisition financing agreement concluded with a consortium of four banks, along with the settlement mechanism for acquiring CEDC, a leader on the vodka market and the largest importer of foreign spirits in Poland.
- Jyske Bank A/S and PKO Bank Polski S.A. in connection with the refinancing of senior secured notes issued by Goodvalley Group by means of a EUR 150 million term and revolving credit facilities.
- Pfleiderer Polska and its subsidiaries in connection with obtaining financing in the form of a revolving credit facility of up to PLN 200 million under a credit facility agreement concluded with a consortium of three major banks.
- Mid Europa Partners and Diagnostyka in connection with a credit agreement made available by a consortium of banks to Diagnostyka.
- mBank S.A. and Santander Bank Polska S.A. in connection with term and ancillary facility agreements made available to portfolio companies of Innova Capital.
- CS Group Polska S.A., controlled by Innova Capital, in connection with the refinancing of existing indebtedness and obtaining additional term and revolving credit facilities under a credit facility agreement concluded with mBank S.A.
- ProService Finteco on refinancing of its existing indebtedness and financing of the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Moventum S.C.A.
- Funds controlled by Polski Fundusz Rozwoju, a Polish state-owned financial investment group, in connection with investment in PESA Bydgoszcz S.A., the then largest producer in the railway industry in Poland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association
- Poland (2020)
- Aberystwyth University (LL.B.) (2015)
- Nicolaus Copernicus University (2013)