Yvo Cuba has an extensive knowledge of litigation and dispute resolutions matters. In the last 16 years, he has advised local and foreign companies, and state-owned entities in judicial proceedings and arbitrations regarding civil law, tort law, commercial and contentious administrative law. He also has experience in negotiation and prevention of conflicts.
Yvo focuses his practice on judicial proceedings and arbitration regarding civil law, tort law, commercial and contentious administrative law. He also advised and prepared reports on these matters and has vast experience in negotiating and preventing conflicts. His clients include major companies in the fishing, mining, energy, finance and infrastructure industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major fishing company on the acquisition of a Peruvian company through a hostile takeover, and developed strategies in addressing conflicts arising from the takeover.
- Represented one of the main shareholders of an important mining company in a corporate conflict that arose when a majority shareholder took over.
- Successfully defended a Peruvian private pension fund administrator before the Supreme Court of Peru in a significant number of adversarial- administrative proceedings.
- Represented a Peruvian company in the development of legal strategies for different conflicts that arose in connection with the performance of contracts for the construction of two wind farms.
- Advised a government agency on an arbitration proceeding that was initiated due to the failure by a company consortium to perform a major real estate project.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association - Member (1999)
- Research and Contents Commission of the Peruvian Magazine of Procedural Law - Co-Director (1998)
- Peru (1999)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid and Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset (Master Economy, Law and Public Policies) (2006)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree summa cum laude) (1999)