Mr. Crosswell has nearly two decades of experience advising on a wide range of competition law and policy issues in the Asia Pacific region. His practice covers a broad range of competition law issues, including competition audits and compliance, competition litigation, competition-related judicial review proceedings, access claims, multijurisdictional cartel investigations, merger clearance, collaboration/joint ventures and antitrust advisory.
Mr. Crosswell also regularly advises on competition policy matters, including regulated industry negotiations with governments and regulators, industry advisory, deregulation, privatization and state-owned enterprises reform. Mr. Crosswell advises across a broad range of sectors, including media and telecommunications, government contracts, oil and gas, retail, banking and finance, property and ports.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised FedEx on the Chinese merger clearance aspects of its EUR4.4 billion acquisition of TNT.
- Advised on Chinese merger clearance of a joint venture between a Swiss automotive and machine tooling company and a listed global manufacturer of motor vehicle powering products.
- Competition audits and compliance advice for a number of leading Hong Kong and multinational companies in the insurance, manufacturing and construction industries in anticipation of Hong Kong’s competition law coming into force.
- Advised a global investment bank on the antitrust aspects of its USD70 million buyout of a stake in a Hong Kong credit card service provider.
- Undertook an extensive competition audit spanning a number of years and provided compliance advice for a major listed commercial retail property owner in Hong Kong.
- Advised a global port terminal facility operator on competition law compliance in its joint venture operations.
- Acted for one of Hong Kong's leading telecommunications operators in the successful defense of an investigation into alleged abuse of dominance in Hong Kong.
- Advised on drafting and negotiations with government regarding the electricity industry regulatory framework for a major Asia-based electricity company.
- Advised a global logistics company on a cartel investigation in an Asian jurisdiction.
- Advised a global institution on cross-border cartel issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Sub-Committee on Competition Law
- Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce - Working Party on Competition Law
- Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce - Legal Committee, Chairman
- Construction Industry Council - Task Force on Competition Law
- International Competition Network (ICN) - non-governmental adviser to the Hong Kong Competition Commission (appointed June 2015)
- American Bar Association - Member, Leadership Section of the ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2016-2017)
- American Bar Association - Member, ABA Section of Antitrust Law International Cartel Task Force (2016-2017)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- Hong Kong (2007)
- New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- Australia (2003)
- New Zealand (1996)
- University of Auckland (Conjoint Bachelor of Commerce/Law Hons) (1997)