Jacopo Crivellaro is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Tax and Global Wealth Management practice groups in Geneva. He joined the practice after pursuing graduate law studies in the US and the UK. He has published extensively on US, international tax and estate planning matters in academic and practitioner journals, and has recently co-authored a book on FATCA, CRS and trust planning in Italy (published by Dike Giuridica). He is a regular speaker at wealth management conferences and seminars across the world.
Jacopo focuses his practice on international estate and trust planning. He has advised individuals on pre-immigration and mobility planning, asset protection, cross-generational transfer and multinational tax and estate planning advice, including the treatment and recognition of trusts in a cross-border context. Jacopo has also counseled non-US financial institutions on issues relating to FATCA, QI, CRS tax information exchange, and the US tax treatment of life insurance and annuity products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) Member
- Geneva Art. 28 BGFA~Switzerland (2020)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2019)
- New York~United States (2013)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2013)
- New York University (Executive LLM in Tax) (2018)
- Oxford University (St. Catherine's College) (BCL) (2013)
- King's College London, UK (LLB English & American Law) (2012)
- Columbia Law School (JD) (2012)
- Co-author, Trust Registers in Europe: The Changing Landscape of the 5th Money Laundering Directive, Trusts & Wealth Management Journal, January 2020
- Co-author, D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals Pins IRS in Grecian Magnesite Mining Case, but a Hollow Victory for Taxpayers Prospectively, Baker McKenzie Tax News and Developments, July 2019
- Co-author, Updates to donor disclosure rules in the US and UK, Private Wealth Newsletter, December 2018
- Co-author, "Taxes through the lens of Cristiano Ronaldo," Wealth Management, October 2018
Baker & McKenzie Geneva and Baker & McKenzie Zurich are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.