Jacopo Crivellaro is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Tax and Global Wealth Management practice groups in Geneva. He joined the practice after pursuing graduate law studies in the US and the UK. He has published extensively on US, international tax and estate planning matters in academic and practitioner journals, and has recently co-authored a book on FATCA, CRS and trust planning in Italy (published by Dike Giuridica). He is a regular speaker at wealth management conferences and seminars across the world.
Jacopo focuses his practice on international estate and trust planning. He has advised individuals on pre-immigration and mobility planning, asset protection, cross-generational transfer and multinational tax and estate planning advice, including the treatment and recognition of trusts in a cross-border context. Jacopo has also counseled non-US financial institutions on issues relating to FATCA, QI, CRS tax information exchange, and the US tax treatment of life insurance and annuity products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) Member
- New York~United States (2013)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2013)
- Oxford University (St. Catherine's College) (B.C.L.) (2013)
- King's College London, UK (LL.B. English & American Law) (2012)
- Columbia Law School (J.D.) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie Geneva and Baker & McKenzie Zurich are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.