Kenneth Chuah is a local principal in the Finance & Projects Group of Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow. He joined in 2008 and has handled a multitude of financing transactions in the Asia Pacific.
Kenneth acts for financiers, borrowers and sponsors in a wide range of cross-border finance transactions across the Asia Pacific region. He has advised investment banks, commercial banks, private banks, public listed companies and blue chip multinational private companies, among others. He focuses his practice on general finance, acquisition finance and trade finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised three international banks on a GBP300 million acquisition financing facility provided to the UK subsidiary of Frasers Centrepoint Limited for the acquisition of the Malmaison hotels in Europe.
- Advised OCBC Bank and other lenders in a USD450 million term loan and working capital facilities to PT ABM Investama Tbk., a leading energy resources, energy services and energy infrastructure company listed on the Jakarta Stock Exchange.
- Advised RSH Limited and ALF Singapore Holdings Private Limited as borrowers and Al Futtaim Trading Company LLC and Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC as guarantors on two back-to-back USD440 million facilities granted by the Singapore Branch of an international bank as lenders.
- Advised Shaw Kwei & Partners in respect of an acquisition financing for the acquisition of a SGX-listed Chosen Holdings Limited, a company in the manufacturing industry.
- Advised Gaw Capital Partners, in respect of an acquisition financing provided by a regional bank for the acquisition of the BIG Hotel in Singapore.
- Advised an international bank in a USD50 million bill of exchange discounting facility for a Norwegian iron ore company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Singapore - Member
- Singapore Academy of Law - Member
- Singapore (2007)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. Distinction) (2013)
- National University of Singapore (LL.B. Honours Second Class Upper, Deans List) (2004)
- Bahasa Malaysia
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.