Sara Chiang is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Taipei office. She has considerable experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, foreign investment, merger control, unfair competition, and trade.
Sara's practice focuses on corporate counseling, mergers and acquisitions, corporate foreign investment, competition and antitrust, and healthcare.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Baxter in the separation of its BioScience business to Baxalta, including new entity formation, demerger, local business transfer, and pharma-related license transfers.
- Advised The Dow Chemical Company on its reorganization and spin-off of its Blue Cube business.
- Advised multinational technology company in its establishment and maintenance of a science-park-based R&D center in Taiwan.
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline plc on the merger control filing, new entity formation, and business transfer related to its three-part inter-conditional transactions with Novartis AG in 2014~2015.
- Advised AAE Travel Pte. Ltd. in relation to the establishment of its local presence in Taiwan in 2014.
- Advised Entegris, Inc. on the merger control filing and post-acquisition integration for its acquisition of ATMI, Inc. in 2014.
- Advised Yara International ASA in its acquisition of assets related to the Flue Gas Cleaning division of Strabag AG in 2014.
- Advised a US-based client in its restructuring of Taiwanese affiliates and plants via new entity formation and M&A in 2014.
- Advised MasterCard Incorporated on the merger control filing related to its acquisition of Pinpoint Pty. Ltd. in 2014.
- Advised Expedia and Hill’s Pet Nutrition in relation to the establishment and maintenance of local presences in Taiwan in 2013.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association - Member
- Director, Taoyuan Sheng-Shiang Culture & Education
- Taipei~Taiwan (2005)
- National Taiwan University (MBA) (2011)
- National Taiwan University (B.S. Civil Engineering) (1998)
- National Taiwan University (LLB) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.