Sara Chiang is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Taipei office. She has considerable experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, foreign investment, merger control, unfair competition, and trade.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Baxter in the separation of its BioScience business to Baxalta, including new entity formation, demerger, local business transfer, and pharma-related license transfers.
- Advised The Dow Chemical Company on its reorganization and spin-off of its Blue Cube business.
- Advised multinational technology company in its establishment and maintenance of a science-park-based R&D center in Taiwan.
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline plc on the merger control filing, new entity formation, and business transfer related to its three-part inter-conditional transactions with Novartis AG in 2014~2015.
- Advised AAE Travel Pte. Ltd. in relation to the establishment of its local presence in Taiwan in 2014.
- Advised Entegris, Inc. on the merger control filing and post-acquisition integration for its acquisition of ATMI, Inc. in 2014.
- Advised Yara International ASA in its acquisition of assets related to the Flue Gas Cleaning division of Strabag AG in 2014.
- Advised a US-based client in its restructuring of Taiwanese affiliates and plants via new entity formation and M&A in 2014.
- Advised MasterCard Incorporated on the merger control filing related to its acquisition of Pinpoint Pty. Ltd. in 2014.
- Advised Expedia and Hill’s Pet Nutrition in relation to the establishment and maintenance of local presences in Taiwan in 2013.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association - Member
- Director, Taoyuan Sheng-Shiang Culture & Education
- Taipei~Taiwan (2005)
- National Taiwan University (MBA) (2011)
- National Taiwan University (B.S. Civil Engineering) (1998)
- National Taiwan University (LLB) (1998)