Tomasz Chentosz joined Baker McKenzie Warsaw in March 2005 as a member of the office’s Tax group. He has a decade of experience working for international tax consultancy firms and has written several articles regarding taxation issues in the real estate sector.
Mr. Chentosz advises real estate companies on tax matters and helps in the preparation of tax efficient transfer of buildings by foreign investors. He assists clients in preparing tax projections and accompanying reports relating to real estate investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Preparing tax efficient transfer of building by foreign investors through structured sale transaction; and tax efficient transfer of profits to sellers.
- Preparing tax efficient structures for real estate investments involving optimal holding structure, financing structure, and tax effective profit distribution.
- Restructuring projects aimed at step-up in depreciation base of real estate based on contributions in kind.
- Provided comprehensive tax reviews in real estate companies and financial institutions.
- Conducted tax classification and analysis of real estate transactions including sale and lease-back and structured leasing.
- Provides long-term ongoing tax advisory for several real estate companies and financial institutions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Chamber of Tax Advisors
- Poland (Tax Advisor)~Poland (2004)
- University of Marii Curie-Sklodowskiej (Post Graduate Degree Commercial Law) (2002)
- Academy of Mining and Metallurgy in Kraków (Master's Degree) (1999)