Daniel Chavez is a senior associate with the Tax Practice Group. He has over 12 years' experience advising multinational corporations on global tax structuring and integration projects, as well as on other cross-border business tax matters.
Mr. Chavez has significant experience in international tax planning and the implementation of large-scale global corporate restructuring projects. He has advised clients in various industries on efficiently integrating Mexican subsidiaries into global business operations post-acquisition, separating global business units in anticipation of a sale or spin-off, as well as on reorganizing ownership of subsidiaries and other international business assets. Mr. Chavez also assists clients with expanding international operations through the establishment of subsidiaries, branches and representatives offices in Mexico and Latin America, He also counsels on international tax transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised multinational pharmaceutical companies on local and international tax aspects associated to global spin-offs or integration projects.
- Advised a multinational technology telecommunications company on the tax aspects of the global spin-offs of two of its major business units in Mexico.
- Advised a multinational measurement company on the tax aspects of the global spin-off of a major business unit, and post-acquisition integration.
- Advised multinational Mexican companies on topics related to preferential tax regimes, permanent establishments, payment of dividends, interests, administrative services, management fees, transfers of shares, etc.
- Mexico (2003)
- Universidad Nacional Autónomo de México (Bachelor's Degree Accounting)
- New York