Pierre Chan is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Tax Practice Group. Pierre’s practice focuses on Hong Kong and regional tax advisory, tax dispute resolution and succession planning. He advises multinational companies, financial institutions, insurance companies as well as investment and pension funds with respect to their income tax and stamp duty issues, as well as tax issues related to mergers and acquisitions. He also advises wealthy families in relation to their succession planning as well as the legal and tax issues arising from their businesses.
Over the years, Pierre has advised and represented taxpayers in various major tax disputes in Hong Kong. He also advises charitable institutions on their establishment and governance.
- Leading Individual (Tax and Trusts: Hong Kong) - Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2021)
- Leading Lawyer (Tax: Hong Kong Law - International Firms, China/Hong Kong) - Chambers Asia Pacific (2016-2021)
- Leading Lawyer (Private Wealth Law: International Firms, China/Hong Kong) - Chambers High Net Worth (2017-2020)
- Tax Controversy Leader (Hong Kong) - International Tax Review, Tax Controversy Leaders Guide (2016-2020)
- Tax Leaders Expert (Hong Kong) - International Tax Review, Tax Leaders Expert Guide 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- CPA Australia - Member
- Hong Kong (2003)
- New South Wales~Australia (2001)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B. and B.Comm) (2000)