Pierre Chan is a partner based in the Hong Kong office of Baker McKenzie. He advises multinational companies, financial institutions, insurance companies as well as investment funds on income tax and stamp duty issues. He also advises wealthy families in relation to their succession planning. Over the years, Mr. Chan has advised and represented taxpayers in relation to various major tax disputes in Hong Kong.
Mr. Chan’s practice focuses on Hong Kong and regional tax advisory work, tax dispute resolution and estate planning.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising various financial institutions in Hong Kong in respect of their Hong Kong income tax and stamp duty matters.
- Advising various exchange traded funds in respect of their Hong Kong tax and stamp duty issues in connection with their listing in Hong Kong.
- Representing various clients in major tax field audit and investigation cases.
- Representing various clients in their disputes with the Inland Revenue Department concerning the source of profits.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- CPA Australia - Member
- Hong Kong (2003)
- New South Wales~Australia (2001)
- University of New South Wales (2000)