Guillermo Cervio is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Buenos Aires office. With more than 30 years of experience, he is recognized as a foremost practitioner in his field. He founded the IT/C team in Argentina and was the coordinator of the LatAm IT/C team from 2008 to 2017. He is currently a member of the Steering Committee of Baker McKenzie LatAm’s IPTC team.
Guillermo has authored books and articles on legal matters. He has won awards for his book “Derecho de las Telecomunicaciones” (National Academy of Law - Mención de honor, 1998, and Austral University - premio tesina,1997) as well as for the paper he filed in the IX National Congress on Corporate Law (Tucumán, 2004). He has been a professor at the University of Buenos Aires, Austral University, Palermo University, Catholic University and CEMA. In 2003, he was awarded the Folsom fellowship grant by the Center for American and International Law in Dallas.
- Ranked Lawyer, Band 2, TMT, Chambers Latin America 2023
- Ranked Lawyer, Hall of Fame, TMT, The Legal 500 Latin America 2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Buenos Aires Bar Association
- Puerto Madryn (Chubut) Bar Association
- Rosario (Santa Fe) Bar Association
- Chubut~Argentina (2000)
- Ushuaia~Argentina (2000)
- Capital Federal~Argentina (1994)
- Rosario~Argentina (1993)
- University of Buenos Aires (Ph.D., cum laude) (2002)
- University of Buenos Aires (LL.M.) (1996)
- Austral University (LL.M., cum laude) (1995)
- National University of Rosario (J.D., cum laude) (1992)