Enrique Carretero has been a partner in the Madrid office of Baker McKenzie since 2001 and has over 20 years of experience in the area of M&A, Commercial Law and Securities. He is recognized as one of the Spanish best lawyers in the corporate area (Best Lawyers in Spain, 2017) and as leading individual in Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets (Chambers Europe, 2018). Before joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Carretero served as legal counsel of BP Nutrition Group in Spain (currently Nutreco Group) and as legal advisor and member of the Consulting Committee in the CNMV (Spanish Securities Exchange Commission).
Mr. Carretero focuses mainly in mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus in public M&A and takeovers, commercial, corporate and capital markets law, and advises and represents both private and listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for sellers in the sale process of Forlasa.
- Advised JC Flowers in connection with a proposed cash injection in Banca Civica.
- Advised FCC Versia on the transfer of its “off street” parking business to Mutua Madrilena.
- Advised Banco Popular on its capital increase, accelerated book building and issuance of subordinated convertible bonds.
- Advised Paternina on its delisting process, including a public takeover bid by its majority shareholder.
- Represented Campofrio on its merger and integration process with Group Smithfield.
- Advised Suez on the joint public takeover bid with La Caixa For Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona (AGBAR).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association
- Madrid~Spain (1985)
- Madrid UNED University (Law Degree) (1984)