Enrique Carretero has been a partner in the Madrid office of Baker McKenzie since 2001 and has over 35 years of experience in the area of M&A, corporate law and securities. He is recognized as leading individual in corporate/M&A and capital markets (Chambers Europe, 2022). Before joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Carretero served as legal counsel of BP Nutrition Group in Spain (currently Nutreco Group) and as legal advisor of the Spanish Securities Exchange Commission (Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores - CNMV). He has also been a member of the Consulting Committee of the CNMV, representing listed companies.
Mr. Carretero focuses mainly in mergers and acquisitions, with a particular emphasis in public M&A and takeovers, corporate and capital markets law, and advises and represents both private and listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Sanifit Therapeutics and its selling shareholders on the exit process and sale of the share capital of the company to Vifor Pharma.
- Advised the Board of Directors of the Spanish listed company Siemens Gamesa within the framework of the spin-off of Siemens AG Group.
- Represented Minor International in its public takeover bid over the Spanish listed company NH Hotel Group.
- Advised the Board of Directors of Cemex Latam Holdings in the context of the public takeover bid launched by Cemex España.
- Advised the selling shareholders of Master Distancia on the sale of the share capital of the company to KKR Global Impact Fund.
- Advised the Board of Directors of the Spanish listed company Telepizza Group on the public takeover bid launched by KKR & Co.
- Advised Indra Sistemas on the acquisition of the US-based company Advanced Control Systems.
- Advised the Spanish Fondo de Reestructuración Ordenada Bancaria (FROB) on the sale of Catalunya Banc to BBVA.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid)
- Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), Madrid (Law Degree)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.