Rubén Cano joined Baker McKenzie in 2018. Currently, he practices as an Associate in the area of Intellectual Property, Information Technology and Communications.
Mr. Cano has written different academic and business oriented articles for law journals and magazines, and participates with different universities and other organizations in events and seminars technology legal and Intellectual Property related issues.
Mr. Cano focuses on the enforcement and protection of intellectual property, including brand protection, patent, copyright and trade secrets related matters. In addition, he also advises on new technology related issues, such as, privacy and image rights, electronic communications, connectivity and access, advertising, online platforms and information security.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association
- Spain (2019)
- Bocconi University of Milan (LL.M. in Law of Internet Technology) (2018)
- Universidad de Alicante (LL.M. in Intellectual Property and Digital Innovation) (2017)
- Universidad de Alicante (Degree in Law) (2016)
- Universidad de Alicante (Degree in Business Administration) (2016)
- Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne (Annual Exchange Program in Law and Business Administration) (2014)
- Author of several articles and publications on magazines and specialized reviews on Intellectual Property and technology related matters.
- Co-author, "Pharmaceutical patents in the Trans-Pacific Partnership. The more things change the more they stay the same?, University of Alicante, Lewis Gaze Memorial Scholarship (2016)
- Co-author, "¿Existe un Sistema de patente Europeo?¿Y de la Unión Europea? Aproximación a la realidad, concesión y pretección de la Patente Europea. Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Morelos, Cámara de Diputados del Congreso de la Unión, Mexico (2017)
- Author, "Non-Discrimination Under FRAND Commitment. One Size Fits All, or Does Not Fit at All? The Example of Wireless Technology: IoT and 5G, Les Nouvelles - Journal of Licensing Executives Society, Volume LIV No. 4 (2019)