Manuel Calderon is a partner and head of labor litigation in Baker McKenzie's Mexico office. He joined the Firm in 2002 and became a partner in 2012.
Manuel has extensive experience in complex litigation, call-to-strike procedures, employment advice including restructuring and compensation, labor terminations collective and individual, stock option plans and high-level advice, and the substitution of employers.
He is highly experienced in managing top-level employee terminations and litigations and has worked extensively advising on collective bargaining, union-related issues, transfers of executives, joint liability, supply chain, employment agreements, benefits and labor concerns. Manuel has represented companies in several individual and collective procedures including negotiations from start to finish with huge success. He also advises clients on trading topics, human rights, compliance and ethical guidelines, code of conduct, profit sharing, incentive plans, expats and executive compensation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in collective conflicts with Pepsico, Aeromexico, Motor Coach and the most important American multinational financial services corporation.
- Assisted clients in collective negotiations such as Scribe, Laboratorio Medico Polanco, Grupo Condumex, Enesa, Grupo Nacional Provincial, Betterware, Grupo Costa Baja, Concord and American Express.
- Participated as legal advisor in several consultations in the annual reviews of collective bargaining agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Attorneys (ANADE) - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados - Member
- Mexico (1995)
- Oxford University (2016)
- Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico (1995)