Frederick Burke has over 20 years experience practicing in the area of corporate law. He served as the Practice Group Leader of the Firm’s Global WTO & International Trade Practice Group from 2006 to 2007, and has been ranked by Chambers Global as a leading lawyer in both Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions and International Trade for three successive years. Mr. Burke has also been recommended in more categories than any other lawyer in Vietnam by PLC Which Lawyer? in 2008. He is currently a member of the Prime Minister’s Advisory Council on Administrative Reform in Vietnam.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as lead counsel for the STAR Project.
- Advised on the establishment, tax planning, financing and implementation of the MGM Grand Ho Tram USD4 billion integrated resort project.
- Advised on initial PPMs for the two largest Vietnam land funds of Indochina Land, VinaCapital and AMPC.
- Involved in various aspects of the establishment and implementation of numerous successful property development projects, including the (former) Omni Hotel, New World Hotel, Saigon Center, Furama Hotel in Danang, Caravelle Hotel, Central Building in Hanoi, etc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce, Vietnam - Member of the Board of Governor and Chairman, Legal Committee
- Hong Kong Business Association Vietnam - Vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee
- Vietnam Business Forum - Chairman, Manufacturing and Distribution Working Group
- Prime Minister's Advisory Council on Administrative Reform ("Project 30") - Member
- US Vietnam Climate Change Working Group - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (1988)
- New York~United States (1988)
- Columbia University (J.D.) (1987)
- Columbia University (M.I.P.A.) (1986)
- Stanford University (B.A.) (1981)
- Hong Kong
- New York