Emma is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London. Emma undertakes a broad spectrum of commercial litigation, advisory and general disputes work. In addition to experience in general commercial disputes, Emma practices in a number of specialist areas, including investigations.
Emma first joined Baker McKenzie as a Trainee Solicitor in September 2015 and qualified into the Dispute Resolution team in September 2017. During Emma's training contract, she also undertook seats in the London office’s Private Equity & Funds and IT/Commercial departments. In her final seat, Emma spent six months on secondment at a global technology company in London, where she assisted the in-house legal team.
Representative Legal Matters
Litigation and Arbitration
Representing a CIS-client in complex multi-party litigation pertaining to the disputed ownership of various assets.
Assisting an individual with the successful discharge of a worldwide freezing order against them and defending tortious claims against them in ongoing litigation.
Acting in an LCIA arbitration concerning claims of fraudulent misrepresentative arising from the build of a power plant in Africa.
Assisting an individual to contest the jurisdiction of the court in relation to a GBP 7 million default judgment awarded against him.
Acting for and assisting a technology company to settle a significant dispute regarding the supply of software, and the provision of services relating to that software.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in the manufacturing sector in relation to the investigation of bribery-related matters (including suspected bribery of foreign public officials in Asia) before the UK Serious Fraud Office and the US Department of Justice.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
Emma is a member of the firms volunteering and fundraising committee. In addition, Emma has participated in a number of the Firm's CSR programmes, including the PRIME initiative, for which the Firm regularly hosts work experience and events focused on broadening social mobility within the legal profession.
Emma has worked on various matters with the Firm's current pro bono clients.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2017)
- University of Bristol (Experimental Psychology BSc Hons degree) (2013)
- University of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course)