Sietske Brinksma joined Baker McKenzie in 2022 and is a junior associate within the Amsterdam competition and trade practice group. She works closely with the competition team in Brussels and is included in the pharmaceutical industry group within EMEA.
Before Sietske joined the Firm, she studied Law at Tilburg University from a Dutch, European and International perspective. During her master degree, she specialized in competition law and has considered the topic from a regulatory, as well as from an (international) business perspective. In 2020, she was awarded the Certificate of Excellence on the topic of Competition Law at Tilburg University.
As a special interest, she has conducted study into the digital and technological sector, considering topics such as digital platforms, AI and blockchain.
Sietske particularly focuses on EU/Dutch Competition Law, Dutch trade matters and compliance with EU sanction regulations. Competition matters that Sietske advises upon often include merger control, alleged cartel investigations, vertical agreements and FDI screenings. Trade matters may include export control, export license applications, and application of trade or sanction laws. Competition and trade matters may come across as a mere advise, as part of an Investigation of (public/private) procedure.
Sietske has done work for various industries, but has a special interest in the pharmaceutical and tech industry.
- Certificate of excellence by the Department of Public Law and Governance at Tilburg University, 2019-2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vereniging voor Mededinging, W@competition
- Netherlands (2022)
- Tilburg University (LLM International Business Law (focus on competition law and tech)) (2021)
- Tilburg University (LLM European Law and Global Risk (focus on EU competition law)) (2021)
- Tilburg University (GLB Global Law) (2019)
- L.U.I.S.S. Univeristy of Rome (student exchange with the Erasmus Program) (2018)