Simone is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie.
She is ranked by Legal 500 as a Next Generation Partner and is listed as a Women Leader in Tax by the International Tax Review. Simone is also an author and contributor to Thomson Reuters and CCH tax commentary.
She has been a guest speaker at University of Sydney and the University of New South Wales, and is a regular panelist and presenter at Global Taxation Executive Institute events, the Global Tax Disputes Forum and the Asia Pacific Tax conference.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Broadcom on its acquisition of Symantec and post-acquisition matters.
- Advised Elanor Commercial Property Fund on its successful listing on the ASX.
- Advising on the acquisition of a large scale suite of data centres in Australia.
- Advised AccorInvest on the disposal of a 23-hotel portfolio.
- Advised SK E&S on the acquisition of a 25% interest in the Bayu-Undan and Darwin LNG from Santos, part of a bundle of assets Santos is acquiring from ConocoPhillips for AUD 2.2 billon.
- Represented numerous clients in audits and risk reviews with the ATO.
- Advised Morrison & Co on its acquisition of water utility Flow Systems.
- Next Generation Partner, Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2018-2021
- Women in Tax Leader, International Tax Review, 2016-2021
- Tax Partner of the Year - Women in Business Awards 2021
- Indirect Tax Leader of the Year - International Tax Review
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taxation Institute of Australia - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2009)
- University of Sydney (LLM) (2017)
- University of Wollongong (LLB Business Commerce (Honors & Distinction)) (2008)
Publications and Presentations
Simone is a regular speaker in tax conferences including the Tax Executive Institute's events such as International Tax Day, Asia Pacific Tax Conference and the Tax Disputes Forum. She has written various articles on Australian income tax on CCH and Thomson Reuters.
- Author, Australia embraces International Cooperation to solve tax challenges posed by the digitalised economy, The Australian, 9 September 2022
- Panelist, International Conference, International Fiscal Association, 2019
- Guest Speaker, Where Policy Meets Reality - 20 Years of GST, University of New South Wales Taxation and Business Law / University of Sydney Law School, 2019
- Author, Australian GST on Low Value Goods: Is Your Business Ready for the 1 July 2018 Changes?, Lexology, April 2018
- Author, Securities Over Land - Stamp Duties