Slawomir Boruc has been recognized by leading legal directories — including Chambers Europe, Legal 500, European Legal Experts, Practical Law Company and International Financial Law Review — for his fluent knowledge of Polish tax laws. Currently serving as head of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group in Warsaw, Mr. Boruc helps clients address and resolve a myriad of tax issues at home and abroad. Under his leadership, the Polish tax group of Baker McKenzie received the European and Tax Firm of the Year awards (2006, 2007 and 2009) from International Tax Review.
Mr. Boruc provides comprehensive tax advice to foreign and local companies in the chemicals, printing and IT industries. He serves as trusted counsel to one of world’s largest telecommunication firms, and routinely represents clients before tax authorities and the Supreme Administrative Court.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on an international transaction involving the split up of a major global telecommunications company.
- Advised on the merger of three companies in the chemicals sector, as well as two companies in the printing sector and two major companies in the IT sector.
- Advised on the sale of the business of one of the largest food processing companies.
- Advised one of the world's largest telecommunications companies in connection with various types of transactions such as share put and call options.
- Provided tax advice for a Polish bank in connection with the restructuring of credits/loans and factoring.
- Developed a consignment import structure for a company from the textile (clothing) sector.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors
- Tax Advisors Bar
- Poland (1997)
- University of Warsaw (Master's Degree) (1992)