Andrea B. Bolliger is an of counsel in the Baker McKenzie Zurich office and a member of the Firm's Tax and Global Wealth Management practice groups. Since 2001, he has worked for leading international law firms in Zurich as well as for the Canton Zurich tax authorities. He has over 10 years of experience in all tax matters, both in individual and corporate tax.
Andrea's practice focuses on advising private clients on complex national and international tax planning, including relocation, estate planning, and all aspects of wealth management. Further, he has broad experience in national and international corporate tax matters, including restructurings, M&A, corporate finance, tax planning and structuring, as well as tax controversy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised numerous Swiss and international private clients on tax planning, wealth management and estate matters.
- Advised SIX-listed Kuehne+Nagel on its acquisition of Apex International Corporation.
- Advised Swiss Similasan Group in connection with the establishment of a strategic alliance with France-based Laboratoires Thea S.A.S in the area of eye care products, in particular in the United States and Switzerland.
- Advised the first special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) under Swiss law and advised VT5 Acquisition Company, the first Swiss-listed SPAC, on its initial public offering.
- Advised banks on a CHF 19 billion repurchase by Roche of its own shares from Novartis.
- Advised the finance parties in a CHF 1.5 billion credit financing for Swiss International Air Lines AG and Edelweiss Air AG with the Swiss Confederation acting as surety provider.
- Advised Basilea on its private placement.
- Advised Zur Rose Group on its convertible bond offering.
- Advised Implantica AG on its cross-border IPO.
- Rising Star in Tax, The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa Guide, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Switzerland (2000)
- Certified Tax Expert (2004)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M. American Law) (2001)
- University of St. Gallen School of Law (lic. iur. HSG) (1998)
Coauthor, "2021 Update to the original chapter on Switzerland," The International Family Offices Journal, June 2021
Co-author, “Wirtschaftliche Handänderung im Grundsteuerrecht”, Zürcher Steuerpraxis, Heft Nr. 2, Juni 2020, p. 95 et sqq.
Co-author, "Structured Finance & Securitisation in Switzerland," Lexology/Getting the Deal Through, July 2019.
Co-author, Swiss Contribution to the book: Family Offices: The STEP Handbook for Advisers, Second Edition
Co-author, "Mehrwertsteuerliche Aspekte von Initial Coin Offerings," Expert Focus, August 2018, p. 638 et sqq.