Paulina Bojalil Warth is an associate of Baker McKenzie’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications Practice Group and Industrials, Manufacturing and Transportation Industry Group in Mexico City. She mainly advises in technology, data privacy and security, telecommunications, e-commerce, consumer protection and general contractual law. Paulina has helped national and international companies in the implementation of data privacy programs, including drafting of internal data policies and data processing agreements, as well as consumer protection policies. Mrs. Bojalil also provides counsel on cross-border deals, global contractual transactions and assists in market entry and service implementation.
Paulina also has extensive experience in aviation law. She participated in large aviation transactions, counselling international financial institution on the purchase and lease of aircraft to Mexican aviation companies. She also focused on different procedures before the Mexican Aviation Authority.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counseled numerous companies in Mexico and abroad regarding implementation of data privacy programs.
- Actively involved in the development of data privacy and data security strategies for different clients.
- Counseled prestigious international technology companies in the administration and negotiation of software licenses in Mexico and other countries in Latin America and public software contracts.
- Counseled transnational companies on the implementation of their e-commerce sites in Mexico.
- Assisted international telecommunications companies in the regulatory process before the Federal Telecommunications Institute.
- Counseled and assisted leader space and technology companies on procedures before the Mexican Aviation Authority to obtain authorization to use Mexican air space.
- Assessed international airlines to secure and maintain permits and air operator's certificates to fly to and from Mexico.
- Assisted national and international airlines on Share Code Agreements and its registration before the Mexican Aviation Authority.
- Advised on drones and unmanned stratospheric balloon operations within Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bar Association (IBA) - Group Member
- Centro Mexicano Pro Bono, A.C. - Member
Centro Mexicano Pro Bono, A.C.
- Advised on copyright for a design competition to benefit indigenous communities in Mexico.
- Conducted research on domestic violence in marginalized communities of Mexico.
- Advising various start-up companies on the implementation of data privacy programs.
- Participated with Justicia Juvenil Internacional México, A.C. in projects on human rights defense of adolescent offenders.
- Volunteer with Voluntarios MX and Fomento Educativo Intercultural A.C. with activities in support of indigenous communities of Monterrey, Nuevo León.
- Mexico (2017)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D. with honors) (2017)
Co-author, "Draft Net Neutrality Guidelines published by the Federal Telecommunications Institutions", Lexology, January 2020
Co-author, "Data Privacy reform gains momentum in Latin America", Inter-American Development Bank Blog, February 2019 (Recognized by IDB as one of the most read articles of 2019)
Author, "Benefits of GDPR (Beneficios del GDPR)", IDC Online Magazine, June 2018Co-author, "Centro Mexicano Pro Bono, A.C.", Best Lawyers Magazine, September 2017